Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 8/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, Kuba77 said:

Hi everyone. Has enyone updated navigation on lexus gs450h 3gen? Where can I purchase that cd to upgrade it? For any info thank you so much 

Genuine question - is there a reason you would use the factory navigation over Google Maps?

I know it's not integrated into the car at all, but it always been very reliable and it's always up to date for me personally. Also, the resolution on modern phones is great and all you need is a decent dock for £15/£20.

Cos the phone can't do everything at the same time?
Might want to do spotify e.t.c. on the phone or just let the kids game on it or whatever.

Also the phone screen isn't as big as the main display so easier to read and you can see further ahead.

Now if they integrated google maps into the main screen I'd love that 😉 

10 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

Cos the phone can't do everything at the same time?
Might want to do spotify e.t.c. on the phone or just let the kids game on it or whatever.

Also the phone screen isn't as big as the main display so easier to read and you can see further ahead.

Now if they integrated google maps into the main screen I'd love that 😉 

Fair point. I've gotten used to using Google Maps so much through my phone, I don't even think about factory navigation in any car I've owned in the last 10 years at least.

Kids gaming on my phone, no way 😅

You can still use Spotify in the background and skips tracks, but navigating it is more difficult and I wouldn't advocate it while driving!

Yeah, that would be nice. Android Auto Screen mirroring as standard would be lovely.