Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Difference between NX300H 2017 - 2018

Howdy everyone! 
I'm fairly new in the Lexus family. 
I now have the NX300h from 2017 and I'm considering getting the upgraded model from 2018-2019. 

Can you please tell me if there's any significant improvement? At least in the software area? 

And 2.
I saw that there are engines of 114Kw and other of 145Kw. I now have the 114Kw one and I get an average fuel consumption of 8.7l. Is the 145kw engine much "thirstier"? Can expect to at least keep in the 10l area, or will my fuel consumption skyrocket? 

Thanks a million! Looking forward to your opinions! 

44 minutes ago, Lm.andrei said:

I saw that there are engines of 114Kw and other of 145Kw. I now have the 114Kw one and I get an average fuel consumption of 8.7l. Is the 145kw engine much "thirstier"? Can expect to at least keep in the 10l area, or will my fuel consumption skyrocket?

Are you not simply confused between the power difference of the combined hybrid system, which is approx 145kW, and the ICE engine only, which is 112kW?  A quick check suggest you could get around 37 UK mpg, which equates to 7.6l/100km, which isn't miles out.

If you don't have a hybrid, you probably don't have an NX300h but an NX200 instead.

1 hour ago, dublet said:

Are you not simply confused between the power difference of the combined hybrid system, which is approx 145kW, and the ICE engine only, which is 112kW?  A quick check suggest you could get around 37 UK mpg, which equates to 7.6l/100km, which isn't miles out.

If you don't have a hybrid, you probably don't have an NX300h but an NX200 instead.

Ah ok then! :)) That cleared things up. I thought the combined power of all the engines is 114kw and that there's another version with 145kw. 

On 8/22/2021 at 7:30 AM, Tel said:

The 2019 Up-Grade was significant.See US Sites.

Tel

Agreed, although it kicked in around March 2018 i believe. The way to tell is the change from the control wheel to the larger touchpad.  Main changes as far as i know are the larger 10" screen and largely updated software which can be updated to feature apple Carplay. 

Getting the facelifted 2018 model was crucial for me as a new buyer, although to change from a 2017 to a 2018 would depend on the cost to upgrade really and whether the above changes are significant enough.

As mentioned above, all the engines are the same from the original NX300H to current.

As previous do look @ You Tube to answer your Question noting the quite significant changes made only became available in the UK from March 2019.

In the US, the revised NX will be Described as the "2019 Model year with availability from late Fall"

Tel

On 8/23/2021 at 4:13 PM, Tel said:

As previous do look @ You Tube to answer your Question noting the quite significant changes made only became available in the UK from March 2019.

In the US, the revised NX will be Described as the "2019 Model year with availability from late Fall"

Tel

What changes happened in March 2019? 

When i was looking all the main things i was bothered about (10" screen, carplay) were implemented in March 2018, with some slightly earlier even being the facelifted version.

I didn't really see anything in March 2019 other than possibly the heated steering wheel dropping into the F-Sport trim.

5 hours ago, Martynt74 said:

What changes happened in March 2019? 

When i was looking all the main things i was bothered about (10" screen, carplay) were implemented in March 2018, with some slightly earlier even being the facelifted version.

I didn't really see anything in March 2019 other than possibly the heated steering wheel dropping into the F-Sport trim.

My 15 years experience with Lexus is that you have 2 or 3 „external“ facelifts before a new model comes out.

During this time you have a continuous improvement „inside“ the car. This is done year by year and depends also on the model and extras you bought. E.g. my pre facelift 2017 model can’t be upgraded with apple or Android car. An after facelift model might or might not be upgradable depending on the infotainment/navi version installed.

2 hours ago, stephschad said:

My 15 years experience with Lexus is that you have 2 or 3 „external“ facelifts before a new model comes out.

There is normally one mid-life facelift and yearly tweaks on a 6 to 7 year cycle. The only real exception to this is the CT which has had an extended life and has been given two facelifts.

The NX follows the normal pattern; becoming available in 2015, MY2018 facelift (manufactured Oct 2017 onwards) and will be replaced by the series II for MY2022.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

There is normally one mid-life facelift and yearly tweaks on a 6 to 7 year cycle. The only real exception to this is the CT which has had an extended life and has been given two facelifts.

The NX follows the normal pattern; becoming available in 2015, MY2018 facelift (manufactured Oct 2017 onwards) and will be replaced by the series II for MY2022.

Perfectly explained 

My March 2019 F-Sport benefitted from tweaked suspension & steering, a 50 % increase in 4 wheel drive scenarios & second generation AVS that completely refines the ride /handling characteristics .Spirited driving gave c. 38.5 mpg.

My identical May 2021 version is further improved.

Mpg is c.42 mpg

Tyre pressure is c, 12% lower.

Factory installed ACP is SO slick v Dealer Option

The HUD speed reading accuracy is 100% to date.

Tel

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, Tel said:

My March 2019 F-Sport benefitted from tweaked suspension & steering, a 50 % increase in 4 wheel drive scenarios & second generation AVS that completely refines the ride /handling characteristics .Spirited driving gave c. 38.5 mpg.

Mpg is c.42 mpg

Tel

Hello @Tel
I am considering a newer version of the NX300h and wondered were the 50% increase in 4 wheel drive information was sourced from?

I cant seem to find anything on this but very interested if this is the case?

Lee

As stated above my research for my 2019 NX focussed on the following Sites.

You Tube,Lexus Enthusiast , Car Driver , Club Lexus & my Local Dealer who persuaded me in December 2018 to wait for the "new" model as the improvements were worth the Factory Build wait.

Tel

On 8/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, Tel said:

Mpg is c.42 mpg

Tel

What do you mean by the HUD speed reading accuracy is 100% to date?

The Speed Limit on road signs is 100% accurate to date whereas my 2019 model did not always pick-up the odd Speed Sign.

Tel

7 hours ago, Tel said:

The Speed Limit on road signs is 100% accurate to date whereas my 2019 model did not always pick-up the odd Speed Sign.

Tel

My one (2018 MY) doesn't always pick up the speed limit signs and occasionally mis-reads the numerals. 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, Tel said:

Tel

Ah ok... thanks.

• 3 months later...

My 2020 does not have HUD, but the dash display of speed limit isn’t always accurate, there a part of town where it thinks it’s a 10mph limit, it’s not, it’s 30, oddly the built in Sat Nav displays the right speed limit

On 2/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, Al D-Much said:

My 2020 does not have HUD, but the dash display of speed limit isn’t always accurate, there a part of town where it thinks it’s a 10mph limit, it’s not, it’s 30, oddly the built in Sat Nav displays the right speed limit

I get the same inaccuracies on my speed limit display too ! 

• Like 1