Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k service on IS 300h

My IS 300h will be due for a 60k service next month which Lexus want £625 for.

I'm generally fine with going to trusted local garages, but I bought the car privately 6 months ago and its last official Lexus service was 3 years ago (the previous owner of 2.5 years didn't use Lexus for servicing), so I'd like it to be "fully checked over" by Lexus for its first service in my ownership, just for peace of mind, before going back to independent garages in future. I plan to keep the car for 5+ years so I'm not worried about Lexus servicing affecting any resale value. A few quick questions:

1. What is the typical discount on a 60k service for signing up to Gold membership on this site? My local dealership (Lexus Hull) shows as a partner of Lexus Owners Club so they should be able to offer a discount.

2. Is the base cost of £625 fully inclusive (assuming no problems are found), or do you get stung for extras? 

3. Do they update the software during services? My navigation display seems to be very laggy and has not been updated in 3 years.

4. Is it possible to take out a service plan when the car has gaps in its service record, not being serviced by Lexus? If they offered significant discounts for the future then I might be swayed to stick with Lexus for servicing.

Many thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, val00 said:

3. Do they update the software during services? My navigation display seems to be very laggy and has not been updated in 3 years.

For money. 💰 I got a SatNav update from these peeps for ~£60 (and sitting the car for 90 minutes), I understand the dealer wants ~£600 for it? If you find the UI laggy, have you tried disabling "Animations"? I found it made the UI much snappier in general, and the animations looked pretty awful anyway, so win win.

(Cursory glance suggests https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/lexus-13cy-gen8-sat-nav-map-update-europe-2021-2022-709-p.asp should work for your model & year)

1. Don’t know sorry.

2. Yes it is.

3. No they wouldn’t. It may however be something you could negotiate as part of the service.

4. Yes you can still do a service plan with previous independent servicing.

Mine is due for its 60k service next month and I had a similar dilemma. I had previously read about the Lexus Essentials Service, which is about half the price. It would renew the warranty on the Hybrid system, but not on the whole car. Not sure if this is still an option with the launch of Lexus Relax, but maybe worth enquiring?

I’ve decided to go for the full service on mine. It’s expensive, but I like the idea of having the warranty on the rest of car, as well as the hybrid system. It doesn’t cover everything, but it does appear to cover quite a lot. Lexus must be confident about their build quality, which is reassuring. 

12 hours ago, val00 said:

I have never used them myself, but several forum members have had good service from these guys if I recall correctly:

https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates

And yes, as dublet says, you seem to have to sit and wait a long time for it to update itself for some reason.

Thanks all. I'm not so bothered about updating the maps as I prefer using Google Maps with my mobile mounted on the air grill, but was wondering more about the general software for the car. 

How can I turn off the animations? I couldn't seem to find it in the manual.

I'm booked in for the 60k service with Lexus Hull early next month - they're being a bit shy on the Gold discount so far and saying we can speak about it when I go to pay after servicing. I'm hoping they can give the full 10% discount. 

3 hours ago, val00 said:

How can I turn off the animations? I couldn't seem to find it in the manual.

On my 2016 RC, which I think has mostly the same system, just in Setup -> General -> Animations

1..normally between 10 - 15% depending if your dealership has signed up( check the gold membership page to see )

2....that should be the total cost, but they may ask you if you want any extras done, which would be up to you to decide ( for example, brake fluid change )

3.... they charge extra for a map update but should include a software update that may fix you issue.

4...yes

plus what others have mentioned your get a free years warranty, which will give you piece of mind