Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reading Mark’s (m4rkw) holiday tale, I thought I would share mine. All packed, roof boot full, dog in the back – ready to set-off on holiday to the Cotswolds. Turn the key – nothing ………. Just lights! Battery flat. Jump started using then LS but decided not to risk a long trip with a dodgy Battery. I had been using the car regularly. Phoned Lexus Canterbury. They had a Battery in, but could not fit it until 4 pm! Decided to make my way there anyway. Lovely lady receptionist (I will try and find out her name) managed to get a new Battery fitted immediately, so that we could get away. Excellent service! Only a couple of hiccups. The back hatch would not open. The receptionist knew the correct procedure to solve it!

Only issue now is the Memory Seat positions do not work (?) Will try disconnecting the new Battery for 10 mins.

Does anyone have another suggestion? Thanks.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Lovely lady receptionist (I will try and find out her name) managed to get a new battery fitted immediately, so that we could get away. Excellent service! Only a couple of hiccups. The back hatch would not open. The receptionist knew the correct procedure to solve it!

Sounds like quite the skilled receptionist they have! 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Phoned Lexus Canterbury.

Dreadful experience and worry for you just starting off !  Did you do the journey in the Ls400 ?

got mine at the Toyota dealer just 150 yds along the road ...  I thought where all the Lexus spares and servicing might have been whatever :unsure:

Hope you didn't pay more than about £80 all-up ?

I think mine was about £78 with a free courtesy fitting ..  maybe 18 months or so ago and in mid winter if memory serves me

Malc

Thank you guys. I took off the Battery but ended up having to do the "Window Trick" 

The memory would still not re-set. I checked the handbook (!) and I had done it correctly. I switched off the ignition and took out the key. Closed and opened the door - still nothing. Put the key in got to READY and made sure it was in park. I moved the seat to make sure the motors were working. Then the memory function worked!

No idea why it would not to begin with. The main thing is that it has repaired itself AGAIN - very pleased - thank you for your help.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Malc said:

Dreadful experience and worry for you just starting off !  Did you do the journey in the Ls400 ?

got mine at the Toyota dealer just 150 yds along the road ...  I thought where all the Lexus spares and servicing might have been whatever :unsure:

Hope you didn't pay more than about £80 all-up ?

I think mine was about £78 with a free courtesy fitting ..  maybe 18 months or so ago and in mid winter if memory serves me

Malc

No took the RX 400h as we had the dog! The Battery was around £130, so I did pay top dollar but was just so pleased to get off without worry.

• Like 3

I remember buying a new Battery from Lexus Derby some years ago.

Personally greeted by the parts’ manager I was asked to take a seat in reception and then provided with the usual hospitality of coffee and treats.

Casually glancing around I then saw the same guy sprinting from the Lexus dealership to the Toyota dealership across  the car park to reappear several minutes later with my new Battery.

Strangely he didn’t sprint back with it 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2