Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Brake Replacement

I am interested to know what GSF owners experiences are regarding brake disc/pad life and OEM vs aftermarket replacement. I realise that there will be a lot of variables in brake usage that will influence this.

My 28500 mile 2017 was in for 40k mile service 3 weeks ago and I was informed that front pads now at 4mm, but would go on for a while yet due to mileage I cover being relatively low (6 k in past year) - previous service the front pads were recorded at 6mm, so 2mm was scrubbed off in 6k miles. Therefore at the same rate of wear in another 6k miles the pads will be at 2mm which may be an appropriate time to change them although I believe that the warning light will come up around then (so possibly best change them before that?).

Dealer advises for front discs and pads it will cost £1048 inclusive (as it's a performance car they recommend changing the discs too). I've not measured disc thickness, but there is a significant wear lip so I imagine the discs are original. Be good to know what others owners have done. Thanks, Paul

Not got a GSF but having looked at the price of the parts alone £1048.00 fitted looks good, if your dealer offers a 10% LOC gold membership discount it would be worth upgrading as you would save your subscription 3 times over 😀

• Like 1

Original pads were far too dusty for me, ordered EBC red pads when my fronts were low but replaced all four corners to match, after last health check I would say they have worn less than the OEMs with roughly same mileage. Also did all 4 discs for less than half of what you've been quoted above and they were OEM brembo parts 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Not got a GSF but having looked at the price of the parts alone £1048.00 fitted looks good, if your dealer offers a 10% LOC gold membership discount it would be worth upgrading as you would save your subscription 3 times over 😀

Good call about Gold Membership thanks...I'll check with dealer. 

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Also did all 4 discs for less than half of what you've been quoted above and they were OEM brembo parts

Just realised I didn't complete this properly - I ordered the OEM parts from autodoc and fitted them myself, thus saving £££

Original pads were far too dusty for me, ordered EBC red pads when my fronts were low but replaced all four corners to match, after last health check I would say they have worn less than the OEMs with roughly same mileage. Also did all 4 discs for less than half of what you've been quoted above and they were OEM brembo parts 🙂

That's definitely a very attractive option...huge cost reduction over dealer  less dust and OEM brembo. Are discs same as originals and are they straight forward to fit? Thanks 👍

4 minutes ago, Pielight said:

That's definitely a very attractive option...huge cost reduction over dealer  less dust and OEM brembo. Are discs same as originals and are they straight forward to fit? Thanks 👍

Many GSF and RCF owners have switched out to EBC reds and I believe the general consensus is that it has the same if not better braking performance with massive dust reduction, win win!

I matched the part numbers from both Lexus and brembo website to the parts I purchased, which were stamped with the same code, so as far as I can tell they are OEM.

Fitting is easy if you are DIY handy, also great opportunity to clean your calipers, wheel arches and inside of the wheels 😉

Many GSF and RCF owners have switched out to EBC reds and I believe the general consensus is that it has the same if not better braking performance with massive dust reduction, win win!

I matched the part numbers from both Lexus and Brembo website to the parts I purchased, which were stamped with the same code, so as far as I can tell they are OEM.

Fitting is easy if you are DIY handy, also great opportunity to clean your calipers, wheel arches and inside of the wheels 😉

Certainly looks the way to go...a near no brainer in fact. The only potential downside I could think of is less dust often means harder pad material so disc may wear a little quicker, but even if that was the case  the cost saving would more than make up for that and then some. Not to mention cleaner wheels for longer! I'm pretty handy, DIY wise so fitting not a problem.  In fact I just watched a video and discs don't even have a grub screw to remove as some cars do. Thanks for info...its a great help👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links