Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS SALOON 450h 3.5 SE 2010 4dr CVT Aut

2 hours ago, Michael Walsh said:

Hello everyone 

Thank you all for your advice, it was great to know there is a wealth of knowledge available to me on this site.

I have a great mechanic I have used for over 20 years, he has worked on GS 450 previously, I was going to use him for servicing and get an annual Hybrid check by Lexus, what do you think?

Mike

A sound idea Mike. Just check that your intention does not cut across any thing within the warranty that Lexus might give you with the GS.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, Mossypossy said:

Battery anxiety alleviated until 2025 by having Lexus yearly hybrid check.

Engine should be good for another 100,000 miles.

Had mine for over a year now and nothing has actually failed, even though costs have been involved, but wear and tear is expected on any car over ten years old.

If its treated well and serviced properly, I'd say more like 200,000+
Mine is on 188K and only issues raised on last MOT were the shocks which were the original ones and had just gone.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, LenT said:

If they have a LOT of spare time, they could even go through the sat nav system.  Although having made the journey there he probably won’t have to use it on the way back.

All you really need to know is how to turn the darn thing off in one action without taking your eyes off the road.

Apart from that, Michael, I’m sure you’ll find it an absolute pleasure to own and drive.

When I got mine I realised I was actually inventing reasons for popping out, just for the satisfaction of driving. It.

Childish or what?!

Ha took me ages to work out how to do that. Was driving me mad particularly when it kept trying to send me down routes I know are bad 🙂

I generally go out for a drive at least once a week even if I don't need to 🙂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steven Lockey said:

Was driving me mad particularly when it kept trying to send me down routes I know are bad 

As if that isn’t bad enough, I also had Mrs T having a shouting match with the girl in the machine!

6 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

On subject of reliability just saw this

Lexus vs BMW Reliability - Why Lexus' last 300 00…: https://youtu.be/L-N16WyYxGE

Wow, that's brilliant, i cant wait to get mine now, probably on Tuesday (the work shop is overloaded)

14 minutes ago, Michael Walsh said:

Wow, that's brilliant, i cant wait to get mine now, probably on Tuesday (the work shop is overloaded)

I`d take that excuse with a ton of bricks Mike.

Anyway there are several of us waiting on your first report on your new vehicle👍👍

10 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

I generally go out for a drive at least once a week even if I don't need to 🙂

I find if you wash the car then you have to have a ten mile drive to dry it thoroughly.

Rather than Cornwall we will be driving to Switzerland next week. Probably cheaper anyway!

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

I find if you wash the car then you have to have a ten mile drive to dry it thoroughly.

Rather than Cornwall we will be driving to Switzerland next week. Probably cheaper anyway!

And I`ll be driving to Spain Stevey. Bon voyage amigo!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 7:42 AM, royoftherovers said:

I`d take that excuse with a ton of bricks Mike.

Anyway there are several of us waiting on your first report on your new vehicle👍👍

Good Morning all

Here is a picture of my "new" car, sorry i took so long , the last week was hectic.

Well, so far so good with it, i am still not 100% confident , last week the Battery failed in the "dongle" and i stupidly tried to open the car with the metal key, of course the alarm went off,  the lights flashed and, i panicked, suffice to say my neighbours weren't too pleased either. I have just come back from the local locksmith who changed the Battery, how long do you think it will last?

Regards

Mike

Car.thumb.jpg.b55108d1938e23068551f8a74664fde1.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 10:11 AM, royoftherovers said:

And I`ll be driving to Spain Stevey. Bon voyage amigo!

You chaps must be a picture of anticipation 😎. I shall be in Greece soon (not by car but it's a thought one day) and it feels great to be able to see old friends again and return to some semblance of normality. Although with taxation rises on the horizon maybe it'll be halves not pints 😒

On 9/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Michael Walsh said:

Good Morning all

Here is a picture of my "new" car, sorry i took so long , the last week was hectic.

Well, so far so good with it, i am still not 100% confident , last week the battery failed in the "dongle" and i stupidly tried to open the car with the metal key, of course the alarm went off,  the lights flashed and, i panicked, suffice to say my neighbours weren't too pleased either. I have just come back from the local locksmith who changed the battery, how long do you think it will last?

Regards

Mike

Car.thumb.jpg.b55108d1938e23068551f8a74664fde1.jpg

Out of interest are you keeping the Merc?

On 9/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, Mossypossy said:

Mine is a 59 plate as well, but pre face lift so I have a cassette player!

In Switzerland right now. Car was a joy to drive down here. 36mpg with a top box.

Yes they are a joy to drive even long distance and they just eat up the miles, when you get out of those seats feels like you just gone to bottom of Street

Hi, I am slowly getting to grips with it, but i have been distracted by having to sell my old 300SE which i have been driving for 34 years, the leap in technology is mesmerising but, having now agreed a deal on the Merc my focus will be 100% on the GS, which i love , last week i had a few niggles with one of the entry fobs, it stopped working and i took it to the local key cutters who replaced the Battery, yesterday it stopped working again so, i took it to Lexus in Croydon who put another Battery in, the fag with this is i have to carry both fobs ...just in case, hopefully the new Battery from Lexus will be OK, they said they automatically replace batteries every annual service which is worth considering.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, Michael Walsh said:

, they said they automatically replace batteries every annual service which is worth considering.

Yes they do say that at £9 a Battery they can be bought for 50p you may have a small problem with the fob maybe wants cleaning or the Battery you bought was out of date

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, Michael Walsh said:

Hi, I am slowly getting to grips with it, but i have been distracted by having to sell my old 300SE which i have been driving for 34 years, the leap in technology is mesmerising but, having now agreed a deal on the Merc my focus will be 100% on the GS, which i love , last week i had a few niggles with one of the entry fobs, it stopped working and i took it to the local key cutters who replaced the battery, yesterday it stopped working again so, i took it to Lexus in Croydon who put another battery in, the fag with this is i have to carry both fobs ...just in case, hopefully the new battery from Lexus will be OK, they said they automatically replace batteries every annual service which is worth considering.

My car lets me know in no uncertain manner when the Battery in the fob is getting low lol.

Does sound like another issue with the fob. I'd suggest cleaning the contacts and make sure they are holding the Battery firmly in place. If they bend outward slightly the Battery may be losing contract and the fob is failing even through the Battery itself is fine. Replaced my fob batteries 3 years ago with 50p ones and still going strong.

7 hours ago, KayCee said:

Yes they do say that at £9 a battery they can be bought for 50p you may have a small problem with the fob maybe wants cleaning or the battery you bought was out of date

I hoped it was the Battery but, having had two put in in as many weeks and both failed, the last one was put in by Lexus, i came to the conclusion it was the fob, the car is now booked in on the 28th for investigation,  btw, i notice we both have the same model Lexus, what new petrol will you be using?

Regards

Mike

1 hour ago, Steven Lockey said:

My car lets me know in no uncertain manner when the battery in the fob is getting low lol.

Does sound like another issue with the fob. I'd suggest cleaning the contacts and make sure they are holding the battery firmly in place. If they bend outward slightly the battery may be losing contract and the fob is failing even through the battery itself is fine. Replaced my fob batteries 3 years ago with 50p ones and still going strong.

Thanks for that Steven, i am a complete numpty when it comes to anything electrical/mechanical, i have thereforebooked the car in with Lexus on the 28th.

Btw, i notice we have similar cars, what new petrol will you be using?

Mike