Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steven Eagell Group.

There was a Posting recently from a Member who received poor performance from the Steven Eagell Group (Toyota)  in Blackpool and another one referring to poor service from the (Lexus) Birmingham outlet.

I have just read a report of appalling service from the Birmingham (Toyota) Branch on the Toyota Website.

It is time to remind ourselves to be extra vigilant and remember "Caveat Emptor" (Let the Buyer beware)  regardless of which Dealer one is using. 

• Like 4

Purchased my present Lexus from Milton Keynes Lexus, also part of the group. 

That was a very good experience. However, a year later when I required a new 12v Battery, they wanted £395, and were adamant that was the correct price!!!!

The official Lexus website had the quoted price of £125, but still they wouldn't budge. So, I went to Lexus Coventry where I purchased my previous car from who did charge me the proper price, included a wash and safety check. Also took out a service plan as well.

Will never go to Milton Keynes again

Just now, PRT68 said:

That was a very good experience. However, a year later when I required a new 12v battery, they wanted £395, and were adamant that was the correct price!!!!

The official Lexus website had the quoted price of £125, but still they wouldn't budge. So, I went to Lexus Coventry where I purchased my previous car from who did charge me the proper price, included a wash and safety check. Also took out a service plan as well.

ARE YOU READING THIS LEN?🤣🤣🤣

Just now, PRT68 said:

That was a very good experience. However, a year later when I required a new 12v battery, they wanted £395, and were adamant that was the correct price!!!!

It is time Paul for the customer reject poor levels of service. I would perhaps have done a little more than you and written to the Dealer Principal and Posted matters on this Forum too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

ARE YOU READING THIS LEN?🤣🤣🤣

Well I hadn’t, John, until I just did.

But I can only speak as I find.  Since buying the IS from them, the service I’ve had has been exemplary.  When I started to get some interference on the radio, for example, they traced it to a faulty rear screen and replaced it FOC.

My only concern is with future servicing and the complementary car wash.  Now I’ve had it ‘detailed’ and ceramic coated, car washes are not allowed.

And of course Battery charges don’t interest me.  I have a delightful and entertaining V6 that’s more than sufficient for my needs.  Other than regular servicing, I don’t anticipate having to call on them for any serious work.   After all, it’s only covered 30K miles in six years, so I suspect it may well outlive me! 🙂

1 minute ago, LenT said:

Well I hadn’t, John, until I just did.

But I can only speak as I find.  Since buying the IS from them, the service I’ve had has been exemplary.  When I started to get some interference on the radio, for example, they traced it to a faulty rear screen and replaced it FOC.

My only concern is with future servicing and the complementary car wash.  Now I’ve had it ‘detailed’ and ceramic coated, car washes are not allowed.

And of course battery charges don’t interest me.  I have a delightful and entertaining V6 that’s more than sufficient for my needs.  Other than regular servicing, I don’t anticipate having to call on them for any serious work.   After all, it’s only covered 30K miles in six years, so I suspect it may well outlive me! 🙂

I was only joking Len as I know that you have always spoken highly of M.K.👍

I speak well of Lexus Chester, but Mark does not have a good word to say about them. Neither of us is wrong because as you said we can only speak as we find.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Why James? What ghastly crime have you committed? 😂

I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

Sounds like a very fishy story to me James🤔 can't imagine for one moment they have Halibut in the Sea of Galilee, predatory life forms, yes, 😎

• Haha 1

Lexus Bracknell serviced our LS400 and were just OK.

Lexus Sheffield serviced our LS430 and IS200 and were very good.

Lexus MK serviced our GS300h, IS300h and NX300h and have also been very good.

We have bought from Lexus Reading (1) Lexus Edgeware (1) Lexus Cambridge (1) Lexus MK (2) and Lexus Stockport (1) and none have been great, but still much better than none Lexus dealers. Salesmen actually listening to what we have asked for would be a good start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1