Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS250C Boot Struts

Hi Guys

I've recently changed out my boot struts for my IS250 F Sport with some from SGS engineering and they've worked a treat. However with my mums IS250C which I look after, I notice it suffers from the same issue as my car so I thought I'd try and see if the same struts can be used for it. Unfortunately it looks like they're a completely different length so I don't think it would quite work. 

Has anyone else managed to replace the struts on their IS250C's specifically? Lexus Nottingham quoted me £180 for the pair and £58 via SGS engineering was enough of an ask! 

Hi Bilal,

Last year I sourced a pair of Strong Arm struts for my car from   LiftSupportsDepot.com   in the US . 

The cost was $82.00 including shipping to Ireland.

They have reduced the amount of effort required when lifting the boot lid but it still requires a little more than one would expect.

Quality seems fine and they are an easy fit.

Dec.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beamish said:

Hi Bilal,

Last year I sourced a pair of Strong Arm struts for my car from   LiftSupportsDepot.com   in the US . 

The cost was $82.00 including shipping to Ireland.

They have reduced the amount of effort required when lifting the boot lid but it still requires a little more than one would expect.

Quality seems fine and they are an easy fit.

Dec.

Thanks for the heads up mate! I assume your car is an IS250C also? I may consider this option as it seems cheaper then LEXUS Nottingham in any case.

20 hours ago, PRT68 said:

I had some  struts made up from Metrol Springs  Northampton. 

Ah I didn't realise you could get them custom made, in fairness SGS engineering isnt too far from me as they're based in Derby so it may be worth me giving them a ring... 

The struts I had made up were for another car, not a 250c. They did check the valves? on the one's I took in, but they were duff, so they made a new pair for me whilst I waited. Same price as off the shelf.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a Lexus 2009 250C and I am having trouble opening the boot. I’ve contacted SG and they can’t find them on the part number I have. Does anyone have the part number for the struts and could you also advise if changing them will make the boot easier to open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Kath,

The part numbers are 64530-53032 for the righthand unit and 64540-53012 for the lefthand.

The struts are identical left to right but come with a sticker which is located in a differant position for lefthand and righthand and thus seperate part numbers.

If you get a set of aftermarket units they will come as a pair and be identical.

As I indicated in my post above I noticed a distinct improvement when I fitted a set of aftermarket struts but be advised that it is still heavier than a "normal" boot to lift. Bear in mind that it is a very large unit and this is probably to be expected.

Dec.