Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Service Plan Cost

Hi

I took out a 2 year Service Plan in 2019 and just had the final Service and MOT done. The dealer then gave me a quotation to renew the plan and I was surprised by the price increase from £499 to £881.

He also mentioned its a different to the the existing plan hence the increase in price. 

I've had a quick look around this forum and it appears Lexus have replaced the existing Service Plan with something called Lexus Relax. Someone mentioned that it also includes 12 months extended warranty? 

I bought an extra 2 years Extended Warranty on top of the 12 months standard warranty when I bought the car in 2019 and this will end in 2022.

So does this new Lexus Relax Service Plan extend my existing warranty by another 12 months to 2023 if I take out the plan? 

The RX450H is 9 years old and has done 105K miles so not sure if the new plan covers cars over 100k.

Funnily, my quotation shows my current mileage incorrectly as 97300 so not sure if this is the dealer's way to beat the system so it is valid for the new Relax plan?

He said he will call me back in a couple of days to see if I am interested so would like some feedback on this please. 

Thanks

Lexus Relax is the new extended warranty, it's not a service plan.

Relax gets automatically renewed at each annual dealer service. There's no extra charge for Relax but the service costs and any prepaid plan, are totally separate things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kopper said:

Hi

I took out a 2 year Service Plan in 2019 and just had the final Service and MOT done. The dealer then gave me a quotation to renew the plan and I was surprised by the price increase from £499 to £881.

He also mentioned its a different to the the existing plan hence the increase in price. 

I've had a quick look around this forum and it appears Lexus have replaced the existing Service Plan with something called Lexus Relax. Someone mentioned that it also includes 12 months extended warranty? 

I bought an extra 2 years Extended Warranty on top of the 12 months standard warranty when I bought the car in 2019 and this will end in 2022.

So does this new Lexus Relax Service Plan extend my existing warranty by another 12 months to 2023 if I take out the plan? 

The RX450H is 9 years old and has done 105K miles so not sure if the new plan covers cars over 100k.

Funnily, my quotation shows my current mileage incorrectly as 97300 so not sure if this is the dealer's way to beat the system so it is valid for the new Relax plan?

He said he will call me back in a couple of days to see if I am interested so would like some feedback on this please. 

Thanks

Keep your current warranty until it  expires next year

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Lexus Relax is the new extended warranty, it's not a service plan.

Relax gets automatically renewed at each annual dealer service. There's no extra charge for Relax but the service costs and any prepaid plan, are totally separate things.

Sorry I think I got confused as he mentioned Relax when talking about this new plan. 

If it is still the same Essential Care Service, I do not understand why the price has jumped from £499 to £881 so I thought this was related to an extra 12 months warranty. 

Just now, Kopper said:

Sorry I think I got confused as he mentioned Relax when talking about this new plan. 

If it is still the same Essential Care Service, I do not understand why the price has jumped from £499 to £881 so I thought this was related to an extra 12 months warranty. 

It is not the same Ben.

Do a search on the Forum for RELAX and read it all.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kopper said:

Hi

Thanks

Dont forget your next plan will include the 120,000 mile service which is the big one to change the spark plugs again.

This one alone costs around £850 on a Gen4 RX so a little less if you are getting the essential service plans for cars over 5 years old.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Dont forget your next plan will include the 120,000 mile service which is the big one to change the spark plugs again.

This one alone costs around £850 on a Gen4 RX so a little less if you are getting the essential service plans for cars over 5 years old.

I guess the Service Plan price jump reflects the age and mileage of the car. The major issues picked up through the Lexus Service over the last 2 years has luckily been covered by my Extended Warranty which easily would have cost at least £2k for repairs and part replacement.

I hoping to sell this car and buying another Lexus before the existing warranty expires in 12 months. 

2 hours ago, Kopper said:

I guess the Service Plan price jump reflects the age and mileage of the car. The major issues picked up through the Lexus Service over the last 2 years has luckily been covered by my Extended Warranty which easily would have cost at least £2k for repairs and part replacement.

I hoping to sell this car and buying another Lexus before the existing warranty expires in 12 months. 

The price of the service plan will depend on which services are due over the 2 years.

If it includes the one every 5 year/ 60,000 miles the cost will be higher or if it does not include this service then the price will be lower.

Any idea which Lexus you are looking at next?

I went from a 2011 RX SE-i to a 2017 RX Luxury with Prem SatNav last year and love the changes included.

1 hour ago, flookyk said:

The price of the service plan will depend on which services are due over the 2 years.

If it includes the one every 5 year/ 60,000 miles the cost will be higher or if it does not include this service then the price will be lower.

Any idea which Lexus you are looking at next?

I went from a 2011 RX SE-i to a 2017 RX Luxury with Prem SatNav last year and love the changes included.

Yes makes sense. 

I'm looking at the NX for my next car but not sure if I will regret buying it as I love my RX but the price will be an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 11:58 PM, Kopper said:

Hi

Thanks

A quick look at the Lexus site shows you the "full fat" service (not warranty) costs and not Essential which you had previously so you aren’t comparing like with like. If your quote shows 97k then the dealer may be helping you out to get a sub 100k plan which would include warranty via the Relax scheme. Clarify with dealer this indeed would be the case! This then leaves the question of your 2022 warranty, does it have a full year to run? In which case you may be able to get a refund to set against your new costs. This will of course mean a Relax Warranty for 2022 and not a more fully featured standard one. 

I’ve just been quoted £1155 for a 3 year essential plan, keep in mind that’s 2 majors and 1 minor.

I also have the extended warranty, once it expires it can be renewed each year for £546 up to 15 years old or 150k miles.