Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

but has 19 inch rims and a modified exhaust but worth a look.

a set of 16" wheels might be available tho' .......  and then you can get spot on brand new tyres too :unsure:

Malc

Hi, 

New member here on the look out for a first time Lexus saloon. 

While the price is a bit steep at £6.5k, I have just seen this Lexus LS 430 "President" on sale on Facebook. I was wondering how rare in the UK are these "president" edition LS's especially with the name badge at the rear, as I have never seen one labelled before. 

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, thatapanydude said:

Hi, 

While the price is a bit steep at £6.5k, I have just seen this Lexus LS 430 "President" on sale on Facebook. I was wondering how rare in the UK are these "president" edition LS's especially with the name badge at the rear, as I have never seen one labelled before. 

Kind regards

Just looking at the interior puts me off, presenting a car for sale after a quick wash then still dripping wet when taking the photographs and an interior looking like a local recycling centre parking area with filthy seats and trim yuk!

I doubt the owner has spent around £4000.00 on new air suspension either and it still drops after being stood according to the last MOT advisories. Check out the MOT history.......corrosion on both rear sides to sill, damaged windscreen!

A 4 year gap between 2017-2021 MOT probably due to corrosion, if the welding is as good as the air suspension replacement I’d be very worried.

Forget this one and keep looking is my advice, mine is for sale in the cars for sale section 😀

83AD3593-51A8-4981-AAD3-FC59687CBD9E.png

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, Razor61 said:

Is anyone bidding on this car? I have had a bid on it but I don't want to get into a bidding war with anyone on here that is interested😉

On 10/15/2021 at 10:17 AM, Razor61 said:

Is anyone bidding on this car? I have had a bid on it but I don't want to get into a bidding war with anyone on here that is interested😉

Did you end up winning the auction?

45 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Did you end up winning the auction?

No I didn't, it went for more than I was prepared to pay. I wasn't particularly bothered about the faded paint but I couldn't check for corrosion/rust/holes in the usual areas. Seller was very honest though and answered all the questions I had, some kind of plate welded on one side in the boot area near the rear arch and signs that maybe more work is needed. That influenced how much I was prepared to pay. Maybe it will be up for sale again, you know what eBay can be like................

An LS430 caught my eye on Autotrader though, link below, but an MOT failure mentions corrosion. It looks fantastic though.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108146244321

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisermark said:

maybe the corosion is because of the location??

Well I'm not so sure about seaside corrosion you know  ..  if it is that

For probably all it's life now, 26 years and 235k miles ( just about ), mine has been owned by someone close by the sea

For the past 10.5 years and 110k miles in my ownership, never been garaged, hardly ever washed and just about as close to the sea as you can get, mostly just a road width away from the beach / quay and sea  ......  the only discernible corrosion is the offside rear wheel arch and after the last MOT when I asked my indy to specifically check all rust issues out he advised me that was all there was .........  nowt else ........  yet ! 

So let's see what the next MOT and review ( next month sometime )  shows up .......  and hope any seaside closeness isn't going to ever be an issue for me

Malc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

is gold your favourite colour?

It is to be honest, more so on the LS430 though. In the early 2000’s when I took my company IS200 in for servicing they had a Gold LS430 in the showroom and I always wanted one. In fact I started looking for a Gold LS430 a couple of years ago but once I read up about the whole LS400 story I change to wanting an LS400 mk3.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisermark said:

It is very nice, I’m still on the lookout for a good LS400. I still kick myself for not buying the first one I looked at a couple of years ago, Gold, 60,000 mile spot on example that had been well looked after for £3k or £3.5 (can’t remember which). A few years ago it was on the more expensive side so didn’t buy it and I should have done.

• Like 1

Body looks ok at first glance but the engine bay is a bit corroded and probably reflects the underside of the chassis the criteria of condition for collectable is shown by my Mark 1 in the 2010 era but that car no longer exists.DSC02379.thumb.JPG.7dfa19ba47462fe0419a6c8c8a47ad1b.JPG

On 10/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, thatapanydude said:

Hi, 

Kind regards

Theres is no such thing as president model, its just badge the owner has stuck on. Car looks very tatty. I wouldn't bother with that one

Anyone looking for a GS 300 (pre March 06), this on Auto Trader looks in really good nic with 27k on the clock and at a real good price too under £6k. Hopefully it will go to someone who will cherish it as the car look great - looks like its been kept in a garage from its location in Belgravia and condition.  

The top spec LS430 was sold as the "President" model in the EU, but it was never badged as President.
Essentially it means it has the air suspension and all the bells and whistles appropriate to the year of manufacture.

As for that particular car,.... bargepole,... with condoms on the end :puke:. He's dreaming if he thinks he'll get that much. 

• Like 1

well guys, I loved the colour of my first Mk1 Ls400 ..  pearlescent white ..........  not sure the Mk1 at that age ( very early and with 15" wheels ) even had steering column rake and reach fully !

I'd also be asking if the suspension MOT Advisories resulted in OEM/Toyota original replacements rather than maybe the rubbish BluePrint stuff ... in my experience

Be nice to see this early car get good money AND then be used as  Ls400 should be

Malc

On 10/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Razor61 said:

This looks interesting, I wonder how much it will go for...........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274992942206

Up to £3400.00 at the moment.

I was quite impressed initially, the interior looked good until I zoomed in on the driver’s seat ( coincidentally no picture shown from that side) and noticed the usual wear and engrained dirt.

The pictures of the sill rot on both sides and every rusty nut and bolt in the engine bay quickly finished my browsing!

I wonder how many re-lists for this one?

56 minutes ago, Howplum said:

And the MoT history isn't too horrific.

No it’s not, I’ve looked at quite a few LS400’s recently and the MOT history can be helpful. Mainly about rust and rot, if there is an MOT advisory or failure relating to corrosion within 30 cm of a jacking point, suspension mount or something similar then it’s a big red flag. Not a surprise given the age of the LS400, finding one without the dreaded rot at the rear end is difficult. I think I may have found a MK4 that is a good one but I’ll find out for sure when I see it. I really wanted a MK3 but after looking for a while I don’t think I’ll find one without rot in the rear arch areas at the price I want to pay.

As a side note, I am amused at the description of cars for sale versus the reality when you go and see for yourself. Latest one for me was described as ‘runs like a dream and has wanted for nothing’, reality was……….exhaust blown and sounds like a tractor plus a swimming pool in the boot, knackered leather seats and arm rest but apparently the seller loves the way the leather grain stands out. Plus side was there were no holes at the back end but in a few months there will be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links