Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At the end of the day its sod's law lol,the onus is on the buyer to do his or her homework thereby reducing the possibility of being scammed or getting burnt so to speak 🤔 

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I’ve reported this seller to eBay numerous times for “business seller failing to disclose detail” and nothing happens. Listing and FVfs trump legalities every time with Fleabay.

Mr. John Donahoe-CEO & President of eBay Inc., 2065 Hamilton Ave., San Jose, CA 95125.

This may help Steve 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

This may help Steve 

don't be silly now ..  everyone knows this guy will never get to see any complaints .  he probably employs a staff of 50 PAs to intercept everything and " kill it "

Malc

49 minutes ago, Malc said:

don't be silly now ..  everyone knows this guy will never get to see any complaints .  he probably employs a staff of 50 PAs to intercept everything and " kill it "

Malc

Just not true Malc. Perhaps you never worked in a large corporate enterprise otherwise you would know a little more about Corporate governance. It is however fair to say that he would not read them all as he probably gets hundreds. But if you approach these things correctly and not in a bolshy manner and negative attitude then you can get results. For example ICAHN are big shareholders get onto them if you aren't getting any joy, they are aggressive equity holders. 

On 11/17/2021 at 5:39 PM, Phil xxkr said:

I think your comment George is somewhat misguided. In my experience whenever I personally had an issue they have been fantastic in resolving my situation. If you have any objection to an advert then they ask you to contact them, have you done that? I guess the answer is not in the affirmative. They are, fundamentally, a shop window, let's not ask the state to intervene because you are concerned about the safety of the glass 😊

Then your experience is somewhat different to mine. I reported a seller for not supplying an item bought and paid for via PayPal. eBay took over a week to reply to me, and then "implied" that I had actually received the item. Only once I pushed hard did they finally decide to investigate and found that the seller had disappeared along with several thousands of pounds. It took them 4 weeks to do that. I got my money back from PayPal 2 days after I informed them what had happened. Since then I still use eBay but I am wary and check the sellers history and always pay via PayPal.
Yes, eBay are a shop window for other peoples goods, so they have a responsibility to make sure that what they allow other people to put in their shop window complies with the laws of the land. They may have gotten better at handling complaints since my experience, but my trust in them is shot. I have also been burned by a dodgy car dealer, so when I hear of a dodgy car dealer selling via eBay, I am doubly dubious.

• Like 2

And I still think eBay should feel the UK Govt tentacles stretching these days and get their act together with known criminals ( Dudley Man ) advertising in breach of "standards" ......  and being Regulated by Govt as seems to be happening now with Google and FaceBook etc

And yes I do have some experience of big corporate Governance stuff ( a past employee at NatWest ) and know how CRAP they can be and I doubt they are the exception in UK or global Big Ticket businesses

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

A few interesting LS400's for sale at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203740607112            decent MOT history, not low miles but looks in decent shape. Drivers seat needs attention though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154739133620           this was for sale a while ago for £5,500 iirc but had an issue with the dash. Looks like it's been sorted now.

7 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

A few interesting LS400's for sale at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203740607112            decent MOT history, not low miles but looks in decent shape. Drivers seat needs attention though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154739133620           this was for sale a while ago for £5,500 iirc but had an issue with the dash. Looks like it's been sorted now.

The mk4 belongs to paul Frost. Looks a nice one 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, BigBoomer said:

Then your experience is somewhat different to mine. I reported a seller for not supplying an item bought and paid for via PayPal. Ebay took over a week to reply to me, and then "implied" that I had actually received the item. Only once I pushed hard did they finally decide to investigate and found that the seller had disappeared along with several thousands of pounds. It took them 4 weeks to do that. I got my money back from PayPal 2 days after I informed them what had happened. Since then I still use Ebay but I am wary and check the sellers history and always pay via PayPal.
Yes, Ebay are a shop window for other peoples goods, so they have a responsibility to make sure that what they allow other people to put in their shop window complies with the laws of the land. They may have gotten better at handling complaints since my experience, but my trust in them is shot. I have also been burned by a dodgy car dealer, so when I hear of a dodgy car dealer selling via Ebay, I am doubly dubious.

eBay have now moved to “Direct Payments” so have effectively removed PayPal from the equation and the protection it provided when eBay throw a dispute claim out.

• Like 1

I'd have thought the 48k miles car is so so underused to make it a little vulnerable tbh BUT the first one, being owned ( I guess ) by Paul Frost should give some credence to it's on-going durability methinks

I'd go for the Paul Frost car any time :wink3:

20 hours ago, steve2006 said:

and the protection it provided when eBay throw a dispute claim out.

Steve, wow, this is bad news for buyers of anything then on t'bay ........ imho the Govt really should now bring T'Bay under scrutiny for regulation, just like with google and facebook advertising .........  traders and car dealers falsifying mileage claims on cars should be more severely punished than just the comparative weak arm of Trading Standards taking too long winded action ...  as in Dudley Man .....  and those that carelessly and openly allow such advertisers to flourish ..........  notwithstanding the adage " buyer beware " .  the internet has possibly changed all that to make the selling facilitator, like T'Bay etc " beware "

Malc

On 12/9/2021 at 1:11 PM, steve2006 said:

eBay have now moved to “Direct Payments” so have effectively removed PayPal from the equation and the protection it provided when eBay throw a dispute claim out.

I paid for a motorcycle exhaust system bought through eBay just last week using Paypal.
The default is now eBay's own system, but you still have a choice of payment methods.
If I can't pay via Paypal or Credit card, then I ain't buying it and eBay can go suck one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The move by eBay to get payments running alongside and within their systems is twofold it as the capacity to increase the  holding cashflow significantly and the records of monetary transactions are better identified for the authorities including HRMC for sellers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 1:11 PM, steve2006 said:

If you SELL something on eBay then eBay will pay you directly. However, if you BUY something on eBay you can still pay with PayPal and get the protection that PayPal offer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

very smart paint finish ............:whistling:  . it's an anti theft deterrent maybe

a little fettling and she should make a great, but unusual purchase 

Malc

On 1/21/2022 at 10:59 PM, MotorDevil said:

Interesting paint job...I wonder what the story is behind it! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275127323891?hash=item400eddccf3:g:F-EAAOSwI3th6bdz

Image 5 - Lexus ls400

At £1200 he may have priced it too high.
Here is a much nicer one for £2000.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234382317371

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links