Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone ever experienced a beep sound come on after switching engine on after about 30 seconds? It happens in my car every time I turn on engine on and very annoying. Would love to know what it is and stop beep happening?

7 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

Has anyone ever experienced a beep sound come on after switching engine on after about 30 seconds? It happens in my car every time I turn on engine on and very annoying. Would love to know what it is and stop beep happening?

Have you read your Handbook ?

Could it be a seatbelt reminder?

Do you have a phone paired with the system?

My car emits various bings and bongs at start-up, can't say it irritates, so haven't bothered to investigate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Found something on the American board, power folding seats but up properly can cause this. 

This was a 4th gen RX so worth just having a fondle. 

@Arnett

Please explain what should I do

It could be one of tons of things to be honest. 

• Is it a long beep, short beep, multiple beeps etc?
  • Is there a door open?
  • Are you moving?
  • Does it only happen once?

Low washer fluid, low oil, low water, handbrake on, door open when moving, boot open when moving, bonnet open when moving, key not detected (low battery), EV mode cancelling due to low traction Battery, etc etc etc etc

Perhaps you could video it next time it happens showing the dash and the nav screen and also so we can hear the beep

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b4u2 said:

@Arnett

Please explain what should I do

Check all seats are in a proper upright position. Including the back ones. Make sure driver seat isn't on to big a decline. 

Make sure rear seats are safely in upright position also 

So I've just put my hear to front passenger seat leg area and that's where the beep sound is coming from but don't know what the course is and how to stop? 

I am super proud of myself that was able to figure out what was the beep, it appears to be part of Bluetooth system that was not properly disconnected.

Was able to get my hands underneath the glove box and remove that mains with all wires attached to it and seems no more beeping!!!!!!!! yayayayay🙂🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you have a phone paired with the system?

3 hours ago, b4u2 said:

No bluetooth in car so can't be phone.

1 minute ago, b4u2 said:

I am super proud of myself that was able to figure out what was the beep, it appears to be part of Bluetooth system that was not properly disconnected.

Was able to get my hands underneath the glove box and remove that mains with all wires attached to it and seems no more beeping!!!!!!!! yayayayay🙂🙂

• Like 3