Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to club/old owner

RosstopherC

Hello fellow Lexus owners,

Owned a CT since 2013, and waiting to pick up a UX250h premium sport edition, very excited but also disappointed at the same time as we should the UX by now, unfortunately got told it was there today to be told later it was not our car and we won't get it till the 6th Sept, at least we get the new plate. Still love Lexus though 

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome Mr Roy,

I love my CT to be honest, more good things than bad. It's extremely comfortable, economical and an absolute joy on longer road trips and who does not love free road tax. The only gripes I do have is setting up Bluetooth Audio for calls and audio is complicated but once setup the sound quality is brilliant. I also think the CT would benefit from a little more power but other than that I'm a very happy chappy. 

• Like 1

Hi Ross and welcome to the club.

Good choice of replacement, they have some lovely colours too...which have you gone for?

We normally ask new members to post up a picture of their car but a shipping container maybe not this time 😀

Hi Ross. Welcome to the forum. Re error code 200. I know exactly what you're going through. I had that error numerous times whilst trying to post numerous photos on a post I did. 

What are you using to get on the forum site? Computer or tablet or mobile phone? I only use mobile phone and the photos I wanted to post were all in the same folder but half way through I kept getting error code 200. Not even contacting the forum owners cured it. How I finally did it was to WhatsApp the photos to my wife who then sent them back. Then I could post the photos. Absolutely stupid but that's technology for you.

Going from a CT to the UX is a great move. Sorry buy I absolutely dislike the CT. I had one for a day as a courtesy car and just loathed every moment. Last year I had the UX and loved it. Told my lexus dealer if they offer me a CT next year then they can swivel and my car will go elsewhere for service. That's purely my opinion about the CT. 

Hope my method against code 200 helps.

• Like 1

Hi Ross and welcome to the LOC there a good bunch on here and very helpful. You have made a great choice the UX is a fabulous car. I have a UX nearly a year old now ive just booked it in for its first service. The CVT gearbox is sublime the best out there the safety features are very useful and the radar controled cruise is fantastic all cars should have this. it is comfortable and very frugal and as fast as you want it to be. You will be able to utilise android auto or apple car play if you so choose. The car is very good im sure youll love it. 

• Like 1

Hey Ross ! 

Let us know what you think, I'm contemplating a UXe as a daily commuter, but I just don't know if I like the car enough or not 🤣.  I love some of the new colours though (Khaki, carnelian) 

Looking forward to your image dropping 

Mr Vlad, tried numerous way still getting the error 200, using an Android phone (Samsung S10+) I'm sure it will work soon. The CT is not for everyone but for me love it, the UX though is next level good, have one as a courtesy car right now till ours arrives on the 6th Sept now. 

ALAW, the CVT system in UX is second to none that's very true, what I like most is you can't hear the engine doing its work like you can in other models, the sound proofing is brilliant. The courtesy UX F Sport we are currently using has a engine noise played into the cabin and my god its annoying so that got turn off 🤣. Plenty of get up and go too so very impressed. 

Arnett I was you I would certainly get a UX but not the UXe. Range on the UXe is not fabulous at all, so depending on distance of travel on the daily its whether it suits your needs? The UX250h though is brilliant, you can use Battery only upto 70mph, and if your good with the accelerator you can run on Battery for a good distance. Tested that today and got 5 miles out of it which surprised me as reviews were saying a little over 1 mile. It combines the petrol and electric motors extremely well (seamlessly infact) I won't be moving to Electric anytime soon, well not until I have to. 

Hope my replies were helpful and you all had a great Bank Holiday 

Hi Ross. I see you've finally got a photo posted. 👍 What you've said about the UX is bang on. I still remember the one I had for a day last year and was so impressed by it.

• Like 1