Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did your Air/Con cope in the hot weather?

The air conditioning did struggle a little during the heatwave. Maybe because the car was in the sun all day. I think the compressor was cycling because the air went from cold to warmer and back again. Just like on other cars when it clicks on and off. but cannot hear the compressor on the UX, as it is electric.

Car cooled down after short time and stayed cool as interior is well insulated.

Anyone had any issues?

These cars have Climate Control, which is far better than standard aircon.

You just set the cabin temperature to whatever you want and the car will do what it has to (mixing hot/cold conditioned air etc) to maintain that temperature, so maybe it was that?

• Like 2

As above make sure you set everything on the climate control to Auto, with the temperature you want and it's a peach!

ECO drive mode disables some of the climate functions, so make sure you have selected another mode (Normal/Sport etc..)

• Like 2

When I return to my hot Toyota Auris interior, I open the windows and drive a bit to let some heat escape then put the AC on and shut windows. At least not as hot initially and cools it quicker. 

James.👍

• Like 2

Never had a problem with mine works perfectly. Like members have posted i think best to leave in auto and set what temp you want it will do it for you. I think there is one report of someone,s not working at all and when they took it to dealer they said it hadnt been gassed at the factory.

• Like 1

I thought it would never be really hot in the UK.

Seems I was wrong.

The CT is handling hot weather here well. Up in a valley (Vega de San Mateo) it was 37 Celcius in the shadow and the car took a couple of minutes to get a comfortable temperature.

We got to get used to changing temperatures as it seems climate change is more real than our politicians think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links