Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wash and Polish

2 hours ago, westo3 said:

Nice result. Did you correct the paint work or just use polish before the ceramic coat?

I already corrected it when I bought it as the dealer had done a terrible job as there were holograms and trails all over it.

Just needed a polish this time.

Polished then used a polish remover before the ceramic. I did my wifes new car straight from the garage with the same stuff and it is realy good, water just sheets off.

Like Herbie I am curious to know what polish remover you use and why.? Are you talking about a control cleaner to remove polish residues? I tend  to put the polish on after the ceramic coating 

Having re-read my post, what I should have said was that I wax after the ceramic coat having used polish to to get the paint work ready for the ceramic coat and yes I do use a control cleaner to clean off the residues before the ceramic coat and then apply about two coats of wax. 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:50 AM, westo3 said:

Nice result. Did you correct the paint work or just use polish before the ceramic coat?

I used Chemical Guys wipe out surface cleansing spray to clean the paint after I used the machine polish which was Meguires 205. Then I applied the ceramic coat.

Raining this morning and the water is running off nicely.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links