Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF OEM alloys or aftermarket alloys

Hi Richard welcome to the LOC and congrats on buying an ISF.

Pretty sure I saw a set for sale recently on in the “For Sale” section but you’ve posted in the right place to find a set 😀

There are some stunning aftermarket wheels worth looking at incase you don't have much luck. Also take into account that people say you should buy smaller wheels for winter / snow use. So that's worth a good consideration

4 hours ago, Arnett said:

There are some stunning aftermarket wheels worth looking at incase you don't have much luck. Also take into account that people say you should buy smaller wheels for winter / snow use. So that's worth a good consideration

Wouldn’t the front callipers be a problem with fitting smaller wheels ? 

8 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Wouldn’t the front callipers be a problem with fitting smaller wheels ? 

Nah alot of Americans run 18s. You won't get a 17 on the front though

• Like 1

ClubLexus.com has a thread on wheels on an ISF and 18's are a preferred track option and most of the people I follow prefer 18's. It all depends on the style and your needs. I'll be heading towards Enkei's in 18" to lose some weight. I love the BBS on the ISF but they're too thin and the offsets make them too sunken into the arches.

11 hours ago, peniole said:

Have you considered swapping your summers for all seasons and saving yourself the cost/grief of swapping twice a year?

There maybe no all season tyres made in the size that the ISF requires. I don't know what size tyres the ISF runs but I know I cannot fit all season to my GS as no tyre manufacturer makes one in the size to fit the standard rear wheels.

Some all seasons run all the way into r20 and 275 width. I know people had a hard time with Tesla rims and all seasons until recently. Admittedly the profiles may be limited to 40-45 on the low end for larger rims.

thanks all for the replies

I like the sound of having 18 inch rims.  Seems more of a cost effective option than going for 19s  What offset would fit in order to clear the brake calipers and what size tyres would go on them? 

I ran these with Bridgestone blizzaks for a couple of winters. Worked great in the snow and cold wet weather. Haven’t put them on the GSF.

linea corsa 818 10x19 255/35 all round.

still have them - drop me a message if you’re interested.

5E6373E2-0E15-4A38-9226-4CBCCA23F658.jpeg

43BCC39F-9192-4928-8786-B37FCD300DB7.jpeg

Wheels look nice.  As an alternative I fitted Michelin cross climate + tyres front and rear to stock ISF wheels so I don’t have to change.

I don’t drive it hard or track it so not looking for ultimate grip in summer.

I had a set of blizzaks on oem ISF alloys, on a very snow flooded winter back in 2015 I kept up and out breaked a heavily tuned evo fq360, absolutely phenomenal performance out of these tyres. I was quite happy to run the OEM alloys, I just treated the alloys with some G technique, it protected them very well.

On a front wheel drive car and also a van I have used cross climate, they were awful in snow - useless in my experience.

• 8 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:10 AM, Killysprint said:

I ran these with Bridgestone blizzaks for a couple of winters. Worked great in the snow and cold wet weather. Haven’t put them on the GSF.

linea corsa 818 10x19 255/35 all round.

still have them - drop me a message if you’re interested.

5E6373E2-0E15-4A38-9226-4CBCCA23F658.jpeg

43BCC39F-9192-4928-8786-B37FCD300DB7.jpeg

Just put an advert for these up of the for sale forum.

LC818 10x19 with Bridgestone blizzaks

drop me a PM if interested 

• 5 months later...