Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h to RX450h

Has anyone on here gone from the IS300h to the RX? If so any thoughts positive or otherwise? is it worth paying the premium to move to the RX, thanks for any replies

I made a similar change passing from a GS300h to RX450h: 2 very different cars, and both wonderful, but very different. RX is a SUV and has a more powerful engine and more space, while GS, being a sedan and 93 HP less is decisely less thirsty_; it' s up  to you to decide accordingly to your preferences and budget.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

What makes you want to change Antony?

Not absolutely sure I do at the moment, i like the IS for its economy and it’s reasonably comfortable, don’t mind the gearbox either but always been a bit disappointed with the infotainment, never really warmed to my IS to be honest but have warmed to the Lexus brand ( don’t ask me to explain why!!!) i also came from a BMW straight 6 petrol so took a bit of a drop performance wise so a V6 would be nice, I do like the looks of the RX and feel why not indulge myself a bit with a high spec one, I did have a Pajero many years ago in a caravaning life and quite enjoyed the SUV experience, I am just investigating really but there is a big premium on the RX over the IS so wondered if anyone had any made the change

2 hours ago, Derant said:

Not absolutely sure I do at the moment, i like the IS for its economy and it’s reasonably comfortable, don’t mind the gearbox either but always been a bit disappointed with the infotainment, never really warmed to my IS to be honest but have warmed to the Lexus brand ( don’t ask me to explain why!!!) i also came from a BMW straight 6 petrol so took a bit of a drop performance wise so a V6 would be nice, I do like the looks of the RX and feel why not indulge myself a bit with a high spec one, I did have a Pajero many years ago in a caravaning life and quite enjoyed the SUV experience, I am just investigating really but there is a big premium on the RX over the IS so wondered if anyone had any made the change

With age comes experience and with experience comes knowledge and with knowledge comes age again. So why would Antony wish to swap chalk (IS) for cheese (RX) ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

With age comes experience and with experience comes knowledge and with knowledge comes age again. So why would Antony wish to swap chalk (IS) for cheese (RX) ?

I call this the BIG "E" - EXPERIENCE - I tease my children about it.

• Like 1

Yes with age comes discernment and the realization that comfort is an increasingly important factor when choosing a car.  Then the roads in the UK these days are overcrowded and governed by speed limits where when you are not head to tail and there is a reasonably unobstructed stretch you could risk a speeding fine or worse.  I was lucky in that I started with some pretty quick motor cycles, bend swinging and occasionally exceeding 100mph which was legal on unrestricted roads in those days.  Years later my ownership of an Italian sports car made me realize that the opportunity for using it's potential was becoming very infrequent in the UK, although If you were driving abroad  there were and probably still are places where you could enjoy yourself.  Of course, you can corner faster in a saloon than in a top heavy SUV but I have found very few occasions where having a saloon would enable me to go significantly quicker or more enjoyably than in my RX nowadays, with present road conditions and constraints.  The real downside is the RX will be more thirsty.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Perhaps you are recalling John, Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skills 😂

19 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Didn`t work for Goliath old pal.🤣🤣

Don't be such a Philistine! Well John you didn't appreciate one Greek proverb perhaps a different one then - Grey hair brings age but not always wisdom. 😅

18 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Don't be such a Philistine! Well John you didn't appreciate one Greek proverb perhaps a different one then - Grey hair brings age but not always wisdom. 😅

Much of what you contribute is all Greek to me Phil ( no disrespect intended)

The passage of time has certainly brought me Grey hair AND the wisdom of a confused mind.👍

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You can’t eat chalk………..and why not indulge if it’s possible, we aren’t on this planet for ever

Dont know if age has brought wisdom or knowledge, that’s for others to decide but it’s definitely not brought grey hair unfortunately it’s brought no hair.

11 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Yes with age comes discernment and the realization that comfort is an increasingly important factor when choosing a car.  Then the roads in the UK these days are overcrowded and governed by speed limits where when you are not head to tail and there is a reasonably unobstructed stretch you could risk a speeding fine or worse.  I was lucky in that I started with some pretty quick motor cycles, bend swinging and occasionally exceeding 100mph which was legal on unrestricted roads in those days.  Years later my ownership of an Italian sports car made me realize that the opportunity for using it's potential was becoming very infrequent in the UK, although If you were driving abroad  there were and probably still are places where you could enjoy yourself.  Of course, you can corner faster in a saloon than in a top heavy SUV but I have found very few occasions where having a saloon would enable me to go significantly quicker or more enjoyably than in my RX nowadays, with present road conditions and constraints.  The real downside is the RX will be more thirsty.   

Thanks for that, I am prepared for the extra fuel cost, I will keep investigating over the next few months, the comfort is something that appeals more and more

30 minutes ago, Derant said:

You can’t eat chalk………..and why not indulge if it’s possible, we aren’t on this planet for ever

Dont know if age has brought wisdom or knowledge, that’s for others to decide but it’s definitely not brought grey hair unfortunately it’s brought no hair.

Actually there is pharmaceutical chalk and also an affliction known as Pica where some people get addicted to eating amongst other things chalk 😱. As to knowledge and for John's sole delectation my favourite Greek saying is - the frog trapped in the well does not know the size of the ocean 🐸

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Actually there is pharmaceutical chalk and also an affliction known as Pica where some people get addicted to eating amongst other things chalk 😱. As to knowledge and for John's sole delectation my favourite Greek saying is - the frog trapped in the well does not know the size of the ocean 🐸

But he does, because the well is his ocean