Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Security System Advice for Nx300h

I am keenly awaiting delivery of my Nx in Sonic Titanium with Rose Leather interior so thought of planning which security systems should I go for with advice and help from you all.

Which security systems would you recommend for:

1. Anti Hijack

2. Safeguarding Key cloning

3. Which brand and model steering Lock would you recommend specifically for Nx  which can go under the seat and doesn't mark the steering?

I have been researching and have been informed that  Clifford Blackjax 5 (anti hijack is not compatible for Nx and infact no anti hijack system is compatible with Hybrid Systems)

Auto Watch Ghost II Immobiliser has the anti-hijack feature but the installer can't activate it due to it being a hybrid and its the only one which is compatible.

Looking forward to your views and experiences as to which security systems have you invested in and why?

TIA

Thefts of NX as far as I am aware is extremely rare. In 2020 I believe 37 were stolen with 11 recovered..  With regards to key cloning you can turn off the radio signal on the key by holding lock button down and at same time pressing unlock button twice. Red light will flash. 4 times.  No radio signal emits  until unlock button pressed.

if you concerned about theft then I suggest a tracker.  

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

Thefts of NX as far as I am aware is extremely rare. In 2020 I believe 37 were stolen with 11 recovered..  With regards to key cloning you can turn off the radio signal on the key by holding lock button down and at same time pressing unlock button twice. Red light will flash. 4 times.  No radio signal emits  until unlock button pressed.

I was not aware of this, is it also for pre face lift models I.e 2016 

If you search for Lexus Nx Stolen figures FOI on google you will find the excel sheet with figures as someone put in a FOI request on 27th January 2021 but asked for figures from 2017 onwards.

6 hours ago, RajWJFWJK said:

2. Safeguarding Key cloning

It depends what you mean by key cloning. The remotes uses rolling codes so you cannot just record/reply the signal they transmit. Cloning is only possible with physical access to the key, and programming a new key requires access to the vehicle and a master key.

For relay attacks you need to keep your keys in a metal box/RF pouch, temporarily turn off the remote by pressing keys as per Eddie's reply after each time you use it (or when you specifically want protection), or turn off the smart entry system completely from the vehicle's menu system.

As stated above, the NX isn't a big theft target so I'm not aware of anyone installing something like a Ghost immobiliser in one. I know several people use the steering locks, sorry don't know which ones would fit under the seat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

Which tracker do you have if any? 

The problem with a tracker is that your car has already been stolen, yes your probably get it back , but in what state

I have a Ghost ll fitted on mine which means the car shouldn't be stolen in the first place.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just bought a cheap Faraday box off amazon, £15 came with 2 pouches as well, have tried it and it works, plus it is quite attractive so the keys live in there at home. Am looking at getting a steering wheel lock but have yet to decide which will not scratch the leather, only want one that is quick and easy to use, and visible. At the end of the day if someone wants your car they will get it, all you need to do is stop the opportunist thief.