Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best place for LS460 service near Nottingham/Leicester

3 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

I agree but I don't have half a million pounds to chuck out on a motor and even if I did a LFA is not a daily car so that's out of the question 

Actually for sound I think the Maser 4 7 sport GTS would put up a good fight 

I like a good sounding car and my 6 cylinder Subaru with a power flow cat back and modifications to the air intake sounds fantastic,  so no dumbed down 3 or 4 cylinder engines for me, I also believe large NA lumps are less stressed so more reliable which makes sense as less rpm is needed to reach a given speed over a 3 or 4 cylinder engine..

Certainly, one of the main reasons I went for the LS460 as my daily was that the 4.6L V8 is not hugely stressed at just 81 BHP/Litre. By contrast, my XKR comes in at 100 BHP/Litre and has a supercharger to boot! Since the LS460 engine is so under-stressed, as well as being N/A, I imagine that this is a major contributor to its reputation for reliability. Of course, if one is looking for a delightful V8 sound, then the XKR wins hands-down, but for a daily, I value smoothness, comfort and quiet more than rortiness.

The N/A Jaguar XK (not R) makes a good (more exotic) daily IMO. The suspension is softer, so the ride is very comfortable, it makes a lot less noise, but still allows some of the V8 character to come through and the engine is less stressed, so an already reliable unit is made even more so. And, for many people, it is plenty quick enough too. Good value on the used market right now, and set to be a future classic - the last Jaguar GT.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, ZedZed said:

Well, I finally made it through the end of the LS 460 handbook!

Has anyone actually managed to figure out 'Intelligent Parking'?

Of course not - there are ninety seven pages of the manual dedicated to the parking system!

I flicked through then tried reading it properly, gave up around page 5!

Though I seem to remember that in the automatic mode only the steering is automatic, you'll need to work the brake. I think that's correct - but best not to have your eyes closed anyway!

• Haha 1

Just now, MJB18 said:

Of course not - there are ninety seven pages of the manual dedicated to the parking system!

I flicked through then tried reading it properly, gave up around page 5!

Though I seem to remember that in the automatic mode only the steering is automatic, you'll need to work the brake. I think that's correct - but best not to have your eyes closed anyway!

Hahaha. I'm glad it's not just me then 🙂 I think I'll carry on parking the way I have done all my life - no pages on any manual neededfor that 🙂

• Like 2

When I bought my car, it was from a local Lexus dealer. My car had been their demonstrator, then the Managing Directors run around.

When I was test driving it, I asked the salesman if he could demonstrate the self parking. He went very pale and stammered a lot 😞   That was enough for me. I would never trust parking to a system that takes almost 100 manual pages to describe!

On the other hand, I do find the auto parking brake and the Brake Hold very useful.

• Like 1

I agree , brake hold IS very useful.  But I'll admit I was pretty nervous the first time I used it in a traffic queue - can I really take my foot off the brake when I'm two feet behind the car in front !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJB18 said:

I agree , brake hold IS very useful.  But I'll admit I was pretty nervous the first time I used it in a traffic queue - can I really take my foot off the brake when I'm two feet behind the car in front !

Haha. I felt the same. Took me a while before I could trust it. Great idea though - I have never seen that in any other car I have owned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links