Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuse abbreviations on fuse box covers

Does anyone know what each and every abbreviation means on the fuse box covers, some are very obvious of course but others not at all?  For example : DOME , ECU-B NO1, TI & TE 30A  and so on, there must be a legend somewhere.  I am still in search of the fuse which controls the panoramic roof; the easily accessed one under the bonnet clearly marked S/ROOF NO2 controls only the blind on my RX 450h 2018, where oh where is S/ROOF NO1 or another designation, don't Lexus want us to find it?  If it's in the footwell box it is not obvious and I am not confident about pulling them out one at a time.   

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply; I was given an "RX 450h Users Guide" and I hope that is the same thing as the owner's manual you referred to.  Now it just might be that I am losing it as my wife thinks but in my book for the 2018 model the only reference to the fuses are in the" Maintenance and Care" section under "Checking and Replacing Fuses" , only the locations of the three boxes and what a good and blown fuse looks like are described!  I can find no reference to what fuses protect what circuits, if I am missing this then perhaps I shouldn't be allowed to drive one of these beauties.

Kind regards,

Brian

Brian,

The Owners Manual for my vehicle (granted a Series III) carries fuse box locations, fuse values, abbreviations and functions from page 609>>. (under DIY Maintenance)

I realise these may be different for your car, but it's worth a peek.

It's a PDF, (so I haven't yet succeeded in copying it for you - if I manage - I'll let you know!)

33 minutes ago, BJT said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply; I was given an "RX 450h Users Guide" and I hope that is the same thing as the owner's manual you referred to.  Now it just might be that I am losing it as my wife thinks but in my book for the 2018 model the only reference to the fuses are in the" Maintenance and Care" section under "Checking and Replacing Fuses" , only the locations of the three boxes and what a good and blown fuse looks like are described!  I can find no reference to what fuses protect what circuits, if I am missing this then perhaps I shouldn't be allowed to drive one of these beauties.

No, you're not losing it Brian.

The info was in the Owners Manual for each generation before it but for some reason, they don't include it for the 4RX, ie, 2016 onwards.

I can't come up with anything after 2015 via Google either, so I think the only way you/we can find out is to pay for an hour or two access to the official workshop manual. I don't know how much it costs but on the upside, you can print out as much as you want while you have access.

Have a look here, probably the 'Electrical Wiring Diagrams' you need - https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Menu/Repair

7 minutes ago, Illogan said:

It's a PDF, (so I haven't yet succeeded in copying it for you - if I manage - I'll let you know!)

You don't need to copy it Dave. Just click on the 'Choose File' link as if you were posting a photo to the group and select the PDF file instead of a photo.

1 hour ago, BJT said:

Hi Peter,

Kind regards,

Brian

It's not. They started giving out abbreviated use guides (actual manual was getting too thick). You can however still download the actual manual off lexus

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/#manuals-form

Unfortunately, the 800+ page full manual still does not have the diagram, I checked.

Thanks Gents,

I have downloaded the Owner's Manual now and I am reassured that I have not lost the plot just yet.  I will have a go at the Lexus service site when I can afford it and print off some of the info before they log me out.  Many thanks to all of you who kept me sane,,,,,watch this space.

Meanwhile I have fitted the bars, Atera Signo RTD £150 from the Roofbox Company (made in Germany) and a homemade perspex cover for the pan roof switch, I just hope my daughter doesn't bring a screwdriver to prise it off before I find that damn fuse.

Brian

IMG_1790[1].JPG

IMG_1791[1].JPG

• Like 1