Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

59 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

TyrePoint  in Maidstone  - very clean and efficient 

That's not too far, I'm in Sittingbourne I'll keep them in mind, I usually use A2 tyres for the same reason 👍

33 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Looking at the remaining tread depth and the puncture location I can see the old tyres being sold on as “part worns” anytime soon on fleabay 😀

3-3.5 mm left on them a month ago at service, not sure they are worth fitting at that depth. 

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Looking at the remaining tread depth and the puncture location I can see the old tyres being sold on as “part worns” anytime soon on fleabay 😀

2 hours ago, Charliecloud said:

3-3.5 mm left on them a month ago at service, not sure they are worth fitting at that depth. 

But when does that stop these chancers?

I had one of those little fkrs on a newish tyre only had a max of 1000miles on it, 

It was unrepairable as to near the tyre wall,

i dont repair tyres regardless of age mileage on this car, as i do long enthusiastically drives 😂 

hadn’t lost any air just noticed it whilst cleaning car

I was 620miles from home and it was a friday afternoon prior to my drive home on the Saturday 

contacted all tyre places locally but non had my tyre size till the following Tuesday, (aftermarket bigger alloys hence awkward non stocked tyres )

so let the tyre down and filled it with tyre weld and drove home with numerous stops to check visually along with constantly looking at tpms screen,

luckily didnt loose any pressure on journey home and 3days later a tyre I’d ordered from Germany online arrived at house and fitted next day 👍🏻

3026F241-7E98-4280-8210-48F50B3EE45E.jpeg

• Sad 1

Any building work going on around you? 

Malcolm's law of builders is that their vans spew out nails and screws. If you have any work done yourself then carefully sweep your driveway afterwards.

In my case, I had the soffits and fascias replaced on my house and afterwards found 30 nails on the drive!

Bloody annoying when that happens to your tyre.

I had similar when travelling back from Normandy to Birmingham. Had packed car and pumped up tyres and checked oil etc. Got out to car to drive 90 minutes to ferry port to catch the midnight ferry from Cherbourg and noticed the rear tyre had gone down a bit! Couldn't get spare out as car fully loaded and would of been late for ferry, so pumped up the tyre.

Arrived in Brum fine and next day tyre place found screw in tyre edge. Had new tyre fitted! Budget £25.

So far not had another in 22 years of driving! Would be gutted as both my cars tyres are new and good makes. Goodyear performance 2 and Volvo, Michelin Energy savers. In past when buying from ATS usually go for the tyre insurance.

James👍