Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Ux Owner seeking help

Hi all. Got a Ex demonstrator F sport premium plus which I love. One question sorry if its already been asked.

Is there a way for me to get the mirrors to fold when I lock the car or do I have to get the setting changed at the dealership.

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Ian shaw said:

Hi all. Got a Ex demonstrator F sport premium plus which I love. One question sorry if its already been asked.

Is there a way for me to get the mirrors to fold when I lock the car or do I have to get the setting changed at the dealership.

Thanks in advance

On the drivers door inside there is the switch you do it manually.

• Like 1

Hello Ian and welcome to LOC. I have a MY70 UX250H with the Tech and Sound pack. Looking at the April 2020 e brochure I obtained before I got the car, it says the auto folding mirrors( that also includes auto rotate on reverse) is only available on the Takumi pack. What packs did your UX come with?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can tell if you have the automatic mirrors if the button on the door arm rest says "auto" in the middle section, I think. Mine doesn't and it's just blank, so I have to manually press the button before switching the ignition off.

Nick

• Like 1

Auto fold mirrors is one of the features missing from my UX that used to be on my toyota

The thing I miss the most from my Toyota C-HR is the speed limiter, we both used it a great deal, doesn’t seem to be on the UX at any level, which is strange

13 hours ago, asinrutee said:

The thing I miss the most from my Toyota C-HR is the speed limiter, we both used it a great deal, doesn’t seem to be on the UX at any level, which is strange

I was chatting to someone about speed limiters recently, and we couldn't figure out what they were for. They seem like a cruise control where you still have to keep your foot on the gas - why not just use cruise control? I'm genuinely curious...

Nick

1 hour ago, EvilRacer329 said:

I was chatting to someone about speed limiters recently, and we couldn't figure out what they were for. They seem like a cruise control where you still have to keep your foot on the gas - why not just use cruise control? I'm genuinely curious...

Nick

I miss the speed limiter from my Mercs, very useful in urban traffic were one can't keep a constant speed (as with the cruise control) but doesn't want to stray above the speed limit. When the speed limiter is set one can drive normally without the constant worry about inadvertently speeding.

21 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I miss the speed limiter from my Mercs, very useful in urban traffic were one can't keep a constant speed (as with the cruise control) but doesn't want to stray above the speed limit. When the speed limiter is set one can drive normally without the constant worry about inadvertently speeding.

Ah, so in e.g. 30-40mph limits and such? I suppose I can see why some people might want that. It's not something I'd use, but I get it now. But I'm guessing that you'd still use cruise control on motorways etc. rather than hold your foot on the pedal with the limiter set to 70?

Nick

8 minutes ago, EvilRacer329 said:

Ah, so in e.g. 30-40mph limits and such? I suppose I can see why some people might want that. It's not something I'd use, but I get it now. But I'm guessing that you'd still use cruise control on motorways etc. rather than hold your foot on the pedal with the limiter set to 70?

Nick

Definitely! Cruise control where speed can be maintained comfortably. :thumbsup:

Yes I agree Radar Cruise control where it’s comfortable, but in residential areas with a 30 or 40 limit or in stop start traffic anywhere, a speed limiter is invaluable you can just turn it on and forget about it and in an emergency you can stamp on the throttle and clear it. To be honest I was surprised how much I use it.

Do you not worry that such features are allowing you to relax in the exact circumstances when you need to be on high alert? Lower speed limit areas are exactly where most accidents happen, when unpredictable stuff happens, and relaxing because you're just steering the car along and don't need to worry about tripping a speed camera risks missing the point, it seems to me...

Just a thought! I'm not much of a believer in arbitrary speed limits, but distracted driving is something that seems to be getting worse, not better, as cars become more sophisticated...

Nick

On 9/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, EvilRacer329 said:

Nick

I have become quite adept at using adaptive cruise control on 30-40mph urban roads. When following a car the radar ensures and maintains a safe distance effectively eliminating a “tail gating” situation. It reduces my speed and stops the UX when the car in front approaches and stops for a junction or roundabout. Also means I’m driving within the speed limit and consider it another tool in my armoury towards driving safely.

I’m sure others have had situations when having taken your eyes of the road for a split second only to find the car in front has suddenly braked I know I have.

Big fan of this. That being said, if the driver(s) in front are of the more 'reactive' style of urban driving I find that the cruise control's inability to observe the cars further down the line means that it can become a bit more of a jerky affair. If the traffic is smooth enough it works well, but if it's a bit more jerky I usually find I'm better served by taking manual control. I also get better use out of the hybrid system then, as I can brake more smoothly and further in advance, and often avoid requiring the friction brakes at all. It also means I can start moving away sooner than the radar would allow, meaning that I can move away more slowly. The radar system will often wait, then seems to panic and accelerate more quickly than I would.

At the end of the day's they are 'driving aids', not some sort of autopilot... 😉

Nick

• Like 1

I keep having these discussions with people about so-called autonomous driving. In theory, I love the idea of being able to read a book on my boring commute, but the challenge is taking that leap away from current assistive systems like we have on our cars and towards a more hands-off approach is that they still rely on human beings as the fail-over mechanism. Computer can't figure out how to deal with a situation? Driver needs to be ready to take control at a moment's notice. And yet it's unfortunately been discovered through studies that human beings are really, really bad at this - it takes between 5 and 30 seconds for a human being to take stock of the situation and reassert control. At the speed things can go wrong in a modern car, that's way too long.

That means that, until you can design a flawless autonomous system that will never, ever need a human to take control, you can't have any kind of autonomous system at all. And I'm not sure you can actually make that kind of engineering leap in one fell swoop...

A knotty problem!

Nick

• Like 1

Oh yeah! Big fan, though it occasionally doesn't know what to do with itself in town or in residential areas, so I have to switch it off. The new UX I've ordered has the fancy 3-eye blade lights, which in theory just "edit out" incoming cars while keeping the high beams on. Very interested to see what that's like!

Nick