Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol mixology - mixing super fuels!

TKhan430

With the accursed e10 roll out, filled up v power with some old shell E5 in the tank. Got down to a quarter tank then filled up with £25 of esso super unleaded as was horrified at the extortionate price of £1.49 per litre and didn't want to fill up. 

This got me thinking have any of you tried mixing say half a tank of V power with half a tank of say BP super unleaded? 

With the benefits of both fuels may have a positive impact? 

Hi Tariq. I'll answer you with a question. 

Did you ever notice a difference between fuels from different outlets last year?

That's the answer to your question. 

• Like 1

About 8 or 9 years ago I my 89 corolla I compared all fuels on a run and V Power petrol consistently got the more miles on a run despite the difference in price. I've got esso super in. Will put in v power this week to see if the mixture has any effect 🚗

On 9/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, TKhan430 said:

esso super unleaded as was horrified at the extortionate price of £1.49 per litre and didn't want to fill up. 

last week at Bury St Edmunds this  5+ red super 99 octane Premium Unleaded was at 155.9p ltr

now that's what I call eye wateringly expensive

Malc

Thanks Las, 

Yeah you're right!

Filled up with esso super unleaded (£25) tesco momentum 99 (£25), then today and shell vegetable power (£25) and instantly felt difference from throttle response - that, a placebo effect or all 3 super fuels work well together in this cocktail mixed together? Lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:05 PM, TKhan430 said:

Thanks Las, 

Yeah you're right!

Filled up with esso super unleaded (£25) tesco momentum 99 (£25), then today and shell vegetable power (£25) and instantly felt difference from throttle response - that, a placebo effect or all 3 super fuels work well together in this cocktail mixed together? Lol

Should of put a shot of chilli vodka in there also for good measure. 

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, TKhan430 said:

The government are so greedy we pay 80% tax on every litre of fuel! Obscene! 

The government aren’t greedy. It’s been like this for years and years and years. The motorist funds a large part of government revenues and without this we’d all be paying higher income tax or other indirect taxes. Doesn’t make it right I know but they have to raise the money from somewhere.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, Las Palmas said:

The Beatles made a great song several years ago called Taxman. It tells you are right Tariq.

Politicians need to gather a lot of money to pay for their long vacations and high salaries for doing exactly nothing.

Too many Sheriffs of Nottingham and no Robin Hood.

I’d argue that politicians don’t get paid that much in return for the jobs they do and the responsibilities they have.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I’d argue that politicians don’t get paid that much in return for the jobs they do and the responsibilities they have.

Someone seems to believe the politicians actually are working. If so they must be incredibly stupid as what they have done so far has helped nothing on climate change, nothing on getting rid of poverty etc. etc.

But OK. That is how it is. If that is the best they can do, OK. We are the stupid ones electing them.

10 hours ago, paulrnx said:

If I agreed with you Paul we both would be wrong in my opinion. Who are they responsible to exactly and when are they ever accountable for their actions? 

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

If I agreed with you Paul we both would be wrong in my opinion. Who are they responsible to exactly and when are they ever accountable for their actions? 

I didn’t say they were good at their jobs. In my opinion being a politician is a low paid job when compared to top positions at big companies, and in acting and sports. A Minister of a government department is in charge of a huge budget with huge responsibility. I certainly wouldn’t do it, the returns are not commensurate with this. They are also fair game to every media outlet and member of the public as they blame everything on politicians. Regrettably I see the same actions in companies where every single thing wrong in people’s lives is the fault of the owners and bosses of the companies they work for. It’s a lame thing to blame politicians for everything.

48 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

when compared to top positions at big companies,

and quite simply it is these guys and gals, indirectly as bosses of these companies, who are totally responsible for the HGV driver debacle we have right now

it's simply HGV drivers wages and conditions of employment that are keeping this country in limbo right now with a lack of HGV drivers

Have you understood this dear readers ?? ...  it's HGV drivers wages and terms and conditions, as in any employee situation, that is keeping HGV drivers away in their droves

Absolutely nothing to do with the Govt or politics .. simply the employment free market that has cocked-up ......  the responsibility of those companies running businesses employing HGV drivers and those businesses, supermarkets and the like ....  say Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury and Morrisons ..  that are driving consumer prices down down down and probably wreaking havoc with wages on the shop-floor of suppliers ........... including their HGV drivers

we have never yet seen the Govt bringing in the Armed Forces to bail out private and public enterprise shortcomings ............ yes for sure to aid the Emergency Services in delivering strategic needs including pandemic hospitals and the like

BUT never yet to bail out the shortcomings of private enterprise .................. yes, blame the Boards of Directors of companies for failing to deliver on necessary wages and conditions for specific sectors of their employees ......  in this case HGV drivers

Heaven forfend that the Govt gets involved in running private and public companies day to day essentials to overcome those companies shortcomings

Malc

16 hours ago, paulrnx said:

The government aren’t greedy. It’s been like this for years and years and years. The motorist funds a large part of government revenues and without this we’d all be paying higher income tax or other indirect taxes. Doesn’t make it right I know but they have to raise the money from somewhere.

lol no man there's other factors at play which shows the same story of long and old. Those in power get away with paying minimal to tax which then places the burden on honest working majority (us). For example look at the city of London and London which is a separate entity itself a tax haven which propagates corruption. 

If you have the time this video explains one facet of it:

Something simple like petrol is an easy cash cow for the government screwing over the majority of society especially when you consider the price is not relative to people's wages and inflation