Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h Owner’s Service History Book.

Hi folks, I recently indulged myself and bought my first Lexus. I just wish I’d bought one sooner as its quality is second to none as far as I’m concerned. I have the complete history for the marque in the form of invoices and print outs (part Lexus) and the rest from a non Lexus service station. Should there be an owner’s service history book too?

I have emailed Lexus to ask if they have the book and I am still waiting for the sales person to reply to me. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi Tony and welcome to the LOC.

I’m not sure that they provide a paper service book these days, I think you can get blank books but obviously not much use without the dated stamps.

I bought a new TV a while ago and noticed there was no instruction book in the box, turns out it is now built into the TV itself!

I know Lexus will provide service printouts to vehicle owners with proof of ownership but you already have those but it is still nice to have the book in the leather wallet I know.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Tony and welcome to the LOC.

I’m not sure that they provide a paper service book these days, I think you can get blank books but obviously not much use without the dated stamps.

I bought a new TV a while ago and noticed there was no instruction book in the box, turns out it is now built into the TV itself!

I know Lexus will provide service printouts to vehicle owners with proof of ownership but you already have those but it is still nice to have the book in the leather wallet I know.

Thanks for replying Steve and thanks for the welcome…it’s just that I’ve always had a service history book with most of my cars, which include the details of what should be serviced at the various 10k mile plus intervals. I did receive the owner manuals, which will probably take the rest of my life for me to wade through. There sure is a lot to take in there. 
My current mileage is a genuine 33k, plus a few hundred, so I’m well pleased with that. I’d read on here that some Lexus IS300h cars are developing rust on the front chassis (drivers side) leg. It was the first thing I inspected when I went to view the car. It was as clean as a whistle.
Another good thing about buying from Lexus is access to their My Lexus account. Everything they’ve had to do to the car is there for an owner to view. Mine’s had a few paint jobs to the front bumper in its first few years and most recently, plus attention to the rear alloy wheels too, but you wouldn’t know it to look at it. Yes, I’m as pleased as punch with my Lexus, no squeaks, no rattles. Fantastic motor.

• Like 1

You should have a service book with it. Sounds like it has been lost. My car had a missing service book too but I had the history and print outs from Lexus so I wasn’t too bothered.

11 hours ago, Tony1452 said:

I have emailed Lexus to ask if they have the book and I am still waiting for the sales person to reply to me. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes it should have one. If you purchased from a Lexus dealer make it their problem, they will have to order a replacement and post it around to the previous dealers who carried out the services to get the stamps.

Thanks folks for all your valued replies. It’s more than a week since I emailed Lexus. Perhaps their salesman is scratching his head and wondering what to do.
The first owner had it serviced at Lexus for three years of ownership.I was provided with the name of the service station where it had been serviced for the second owner. The proprietor was very decent, he knew the car well and its owners. He was able to tell me how well cared for it had been and he even provided me with all of his dealings with it, throughout those years. He has always serviced it according to the manufacturers specs and last December was when he carried out his final service on it.. It had covered just 3k miles to August.
Lexus gave it a major service before I purchased it. in fact I took up their annual service offer, and for just a little more than £40 a month they will service it every 12 months and provide me with a 12 month warranty after each service. In total it’s covered for 4 services. So, I will expect to have something for them to stamp. As somebody has said, it has probably been lost.  I must say, I’ve been driving and owning cars for donkeys years have never lost a service history book.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links