Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

super one traders

Happy Harry

Hi from a Newbie!

I am interested in buying a IS 250 

I've seen one for sale from this company in Oldham. As I live in the south, It's to far to travel to view. They say they would deliver for free, but it seems too good to be true! The car in question is 2011 reg. LD11 FUF it seems reasonably priced, but it's been on for a long time.

Has anybody had any experience with this company, or better still seen the car in question? 

Here's hoping! 🙏

Hi Harry and welcome to the LOC.

I recently purchased a car from a fellow member, I knew the history of the car, the owner was 110% honest yet I still went down to the south coast to view it knowing it would be 100%.

In your case you can only go on what is available, have you checked the MOT history? It’s showing an MOT valid until April 2022 and around 67,000 with the mileage history consistent.

It has had a couple of fails on minor points like a light bulb out and a damaged repeater.

The dealer appears to have a very good reputation and the car has been very well presented with 82 pictures, FLSH, one previous owner and clean non corroded wheels are bonuses. Interior looks very nice with no noticeable wear on the driver’s seat or scuffs elsewhere.

If they do deliver the car to you it should be covered by the Distance Selling Regulations and Consumer Rights Act which give you the chance to change your mind and cover you for any defects although time limits apply.

Personally I would be visiting the premises, going over the car and test driving before committing to purchasing but given the above maybe take a chance as it looks a nice one.

If there are any members local to the dealer they may offer to go and take a look for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Harry and welcome to the LOC.

I recently purchased a car from a fellow member, I knew the history of the car, the owner was 110% honest yet I still went down to the south coast to view it knowing it would be 100%.

In your case you can only go on what is available, have you checked the MOT history? It’s showing an MOT valid until April 2022 and around 67,000 with the mileage history consistent.

It has had a couple of fails on minor points like a light bulb out and a damaged repeater.

The dealer appears to have a very good reputation and the car has been very well presented with 82 pictures, FLSH, one previous owner and clean non corroded wheels are bonuses. Interior looks very nice with no noticeable wear on the driver’s seat or scuffs elsewhere.

If they do deliver the car to you it should be covered by the Distance Selling Regulations and Consumer Rights Act which give you the chance to change your mind and cover you for any defects although time limits apply.

Personally I would be visiting the premises, going over the car and test driving before committing to purchasing but given the above maybe take a chance as it looks a nice one.

If there are any members local to the dealer they may offer to go and take a look for you.

Thanks Steve, I was hoping a local member would volunteer to have a look, (someone who knows Lexus, unlike me! 🙄) I would obviously reimburse them for their time and expertise.

Hi Harry. I bought my is250 from him. He gave me the best px price on my them mondeo diesel. The Lexus was a one owner car with 95% full lexus service history. The car was fairly priced. It was a straight swap. However I bought last July when MOT'S had a 6 month extension. So basically the car had a mot. I took the car to Lexus Stockport for a service and MOT. They told me they'd Not mot it as they'd fail it on a weeping rear shock absorber. I phoned super one trader and told him and it would cost over £600. He wasn't interested and fobbed me off. Local trading standards weren't helpful either. My car I knew had a myriad of scratches too but that didn't bother me. My car cost me a further £650 for new shock absorbers and £200 I think probably less for a full body rub down to remove 95% of the scratches. 

My car is superb. I've actually put a review on them on auto trader but doubt it's showing. 

I'm not deliberately putting you off them. I'm telling you my personal experience. 

If he said he'd deliver for free that's unbelievable, cost for that would be a couple hundred quid But let him deliver and get a mechanically minded friend have a good look at it.

Ask him for the Variant number (or it could be version number) from the cars logbook. Go on the Lexus website and register the car in the service section. Once registered you can see if the car actually does have a full lexus service history plus all work carried out on the car whilst in service. 

Sorry but I'm unwilling to see the car because I truly think I'd thump him.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Harry. I bought my is250 from him. He gave me the best px price on my them mondeo diesel. The Lexus was a one owner car with 95% full lexus service history. The car was fairly priced. It was a straight swap. However I bought last July when MOT'S had a 6 month extension. So basically the car had a mot. I took the car to Lexus Stockport for a service and MOT. They told me they'd Not mot it as they'd fail it on a weeping rear shock absorber. I phoned super one trader and told him and it would cost over £600. He wasn't interested and fobbed me off. Local trading standards weren't helpful either. My car I knew had a myriad of scratches too but that didn't bother me. My car cost me a further £650 for new shock absorbers and £200 I think probably less for a full body rub down to remove 95% of the scratches. 

My car is superb. I've actually put a review on them on auto trader but doubt it's showing. 

I'm not deliberately putting you off them. I'm telling you my personal experience. 

If he said he'd deliver for free that's unbelievable, cost for that would be a couple hundred quid But let him deliver and get a mechanically minded friend have a good look at it.

Ask him for the Variant number (or it could be version number) from the cars logbook. Go on the Lexus website and register the car in the service section. Once registered you can see if the car actually does have a full lexus service history plus all work carried out on the car whilst in service. 

Sorry but I'm unwilling to see the car because I truly think I'd thump him.

Comments like this are what makes this club so valuable. 

• Like 5

If I did buy it unseen and have it delivered the first journey in it would be to my local Lexus dealer for a health check and report (usually free). If any major defects were found you then have 14 days to return it.

Another option is to pay for one of these.

https://www.theaa.com/vehicle-inspection/?source=Google&ito=87770&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-NaJBhDsARIsAAja6dPwbgHoccuQUtZdeed3KQvxygBa25wARdcSrKdV3aBchVCcXXpEao0aAgOtEALw_wcB

• Like 4

The best advice anyone can give you is regarding make sure you buy it and have it delivered. Pay for it over the phone to be fully covered by distant selling regulation. 

Email the dealer queries regarding tyres, brakes, evidence of service history in advance, quality of paint in person vs pictures (Swirls etc). You then have all that as evidence. 

Further to that 2015 Consumer rights act also put much better overall protection in place for people buying used cars as a whole. If it does become faulty within 30 days you can still request a full refund if the car becomes faulty. 

Compared to 5 years ago there is so much protection for buying used cars forms dealers and its a lot more black and white.

Looking over the car in question, if I was to make a blind purchase based on what I can find about the dealer online, the photos and the car itself I wouldn't be overly nervous.  The car looks in really good condition 81 photos which is really good. No yellow fade to the lights, my only gripe is the rear plate looks wonky and the front plate looks bent/curved.