Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Europe Maps Lexus IS250 SE-L 2007

I’m looking to update my DVD maps. What I don’t understand is that when I check what maps I have which I know is Western Europe and UK off course included is that I can search for addresses in Germany and the Nordics. But I thought all of Europe maps would come on separate DVD’s. There is only room for one DVD map but I seems to also have Germany installed with Spain,  France and all that ? When searching online the DVD only comes as Western Europe where Germany is excluded like also the Nordic countries. But I seems to have all maps on my DVD. Is that possible or is it because the map allows me to search for destinations in e.g Germany but not able to route me once I get to Germany. I don’t really get it. Anyone with any experience with these maps for my model and if it actually is possible to have all of Europe included on one DVD which my system seems to have. The DVD info says WEST Europe but don’t understand then that Nordic and Germany is searchable. I also seems to be able to switch between all the country maps in my settings. So that I have to switch map when looking up addresses in Germany. It then finds me street names in Berlin as an example? 

I believe there are 4 discs (North, East, West and central) and I'm sure they all have road details for the whole of the covered European countries. The difference between them is all the points of interest addresses (airports, hotels, train stations, shops, Lexus dealers etc) - the West disc for example will have way less POIs for Germany compared to the Central disc.

Yes I also thought they are split into discs. I guess I have to check my disc when I’m Germany sometime. The west disc should not cover Germany at all. That’s Central Europe, but with say nav I can route my way to Germany to a specific address which I do t understand if west doesn’t cover Germany. 

8 minutes ago, Tom777 said:

Yes I also thought they are split into discs. I guess I have to check my disc when I’m Germany sometime. The west disc should not cover Germany at all. That’s Central Europe, but with say nav I can route my way to Germany to a specific address which I do t understand if west doesn’t cover Germany. 

As I said, all the discs have all the roads:

For Germany - central disc has 1.1 million km of road length and thousands of POIs.

image.thumb.png.61a616995c3de9db8c95eed767e38656.png

The West disc has the same amount of roads but not the POIs:

image.thumb.png.20243686c8b02b3f65c0a39f16539dbe.png

With the old CD based systems you only had detailed road maps for a few countries per disc and just trunk roads for other countries. With the DVD based systems there is enough capacity to hold all the roads across Europe, just not all the POIs.

You can check coverage here:

https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Coverage/Map?latestPart=PZ445-X03EU-0N&currentPart=PZ445-X03EU-0M&vehicleid=IS250/220d&navigationsystemid=08