Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 Sonic Platinum

beyond the blue

I've just ordered an 2022 ES (Sonic Platinum) the only thing I've seen in this colour was the small swatch at the dealers even the latest 'build your car' isn't showing the colour. I've looked every where for an image of the car in this colour but drawn a blank. Does anyone know where I could try?

It's quite a new colour - available on the LS now and many of the other models for MY22.

image.thumb.png.bd85b1236c828c0266eb1248bf5ef20e.png

It's called Sonic iridium in the US - if you google that you will find more hits.

The paint code is 1L2.

The current LS brochure uses that colour:

http://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgbenv11/LS-e-Brochure-110621_tcm-3157-2309078.pdf

Lots of ES pics here which I think is the correct colour:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2022-lexus-es-gets-fresh-looks-improved-dynamics-159561.html

No, I think that is only of the 2021 silver colours 😞 

Edited by ColinBarber

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Difficult to see any difference from Sonic Titanium in pictures, I wonder how different they are?

Looks to be lighter. If you configure the LS on the website you can select both to compare:

Titanium (which seems too dark to me compared to reality)

image.thumb.png.b8e05ee417114a10494ef1bc9d83aff5.png

Platinum:

image.thumb.png.a6a69c2cd0926d81bb70f0178a6201c1.png

Always difficult to tell with Sonic colours as the perceived colour changes quite a bit with different viewing angles and lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 1:57 PM, tayaste said:

I’ve just ordered a new RX fsport in sonic grey, and like yourself can’t find any images anywhere on line.

Sonic Grey is showing in the build your car section, so you can see it there. The colour I've picked 'Sonic Platinum' isn't even showing as an option. Have they give you a delivery date yet?