Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi people I'm looking to buy a Mk4 GS 450h, I've tried to be sensible/practical and bought an SUV which is ok but it's not the same. I've owned 2 IS 200's and a Mercedes E class but after test driving the GS it was an easy decision. Seen an F Sport with FSH but high mileage 120000 + should I be patient or go for it as there are not many good ones about! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBatch said:

Hi people I'm looking to buy a Mk4 GS 450h, I've tried to be sensible/practical and bought an SUV which is ok but it's not the same. I've owned 2 IS 200's and a Mercedes E class but after test driving the GS it was an easy decision. Seen an F Sport with FSH but high mileage 120000 + should I be patient or go for it as there are not many good ones about! 

Could you keep us posted please, I'm interested in what you find. I want to graduate into a GS 450h in a few years from an IS 300h, but seeing how rare they are, and not produced since late 2020 anymore, gives me little hope. I looked at cars in Japan, surprisingly high mileages per year on average. Looks like if someone buys a premium car in Japan, they do drive it a lot.

• Like 1

Will do, I've been listening to Scotty Kilmer on Youtube he's great and very honest about all cars and he's very positive about Lexus with high mileage.

• 5 weeks later...

Update, I am now the very proud owner of a 2013 450h F Sport Black saw it bought it straight away well looked after and clean very happy. I've got P zeros on it at the moment are they the best for the F sport model.

Thanks for the picture Shahpor lovely colour. 

Cheers

• Like 2

Congratulations on that lovely piece of motoring 🙂

Don't forget to put pictures 🙂

As for PZeros, I read they are great and will be purchasing them as a Christmas gift this year 🙂

15 hours ago, MBatch said:

Update, I am now the very proud owner of a 2013 450h F Sport Black saw it bought it straight away well looked after and clean very happy. I've got P zeros on it at the moment are they the best for the F sport model.

Cheers

Thanks.

You are going to have to show us pictures of yours now in return 🙂

15 hours ago, MBatch said:

Cheers

Congratulations! I think after my current car I'd definitely consider a hybrid MK4 GS next, as the world is changing so much.

I've had P Zero's in the past, which were great but I found they wore out much quicker than expected even with mixed driving. So, be mindful of that. Perhaps the newer compounds are a bit longer lasting.

Congratulations on your purchase Maurice. Glad to hear you are very happy with your car.

Which is the best tyre? That's the million dollar question. I don't think there is any answer as to which is the best tyre for a specific model.

New, the GS was fitted with Bridgestone. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S fitted to mine. Not the cheapest but I have found them to be very quiet, give an excellent ride and stick like glue.

I have no experience of Pirelli tyres so can't comment on them. However tyre choice is a very subjective topic and what one person finds to be a good tyre there will be others who disagree. To me tyres are one of the most important pieces of safety equipment fitted to a vehicle and I fit Michelin because imho they are the best tyre, others will disagree. From reviews I have read, the Pirelli is a decent tyre and if you find that to be the case then happy days.

One thing to watch. As you know the F Sport model has a staggered wheel set up and I have found quite a few tyre manufactures do not make a tyre in the size required for the rear wheels.