Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I,ve made my mind up (kind of)

stormchaser

I,m going to be selling my CT in October sadly.It,s not being used as i,ve got the wife a brand new Toyota Aygo and we use that all the time as it,s much easier around gridlocked Bournemouth.

I,ve owned the CT for 6 years and it has been faultless the whole time and every MOT it has passed advisory free.I,ve had it serviced annually at Lexus to keep the extended warranty valid,which it has another year yet on it.

The reason i,m selling in October is that it,s MOT is due then and it,s annual service so the next owner can have another advisory free years MOT and the last year of it,s extended warranty which is transferable.Also 1 years Lexus breakdown cover (which is the AA and transferable).

It,s a 2011 SE L Premier with 111K miles in Arctic Pearlescent White with Levinson sound system (awesome).When i got it it had 62K miles and it still drives like a new car now.I have had an excellent quote from the dreaded WBAC as hybrids are in big demand now but i don,t want it to end up at BCA/Cinch.I would rather a Lexus enthusiast have it to enjoy.

Anyway i shall be putting it in the Lexus cars for sale section next month amongst other places too.Sad times.

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I would find it hard to miss the audio in the CT. ML is the best factory music you can get without paying for something in the RR class.

Yeah this is true i will really miss it.

We've had a quote of over £7k from WBAC for our 2011 SEL. That's with 82k miles and part service. Also try Motorway as that was a similar price after you take off WBACs fees. Plus they collect and pay immediately.

The car is barely getting used, less than 1500 miles a year and the CAT being stolen was the nail in the coffin. We should have the car back from the garage next week and then it's going. I'll miss it for sure but we don't really need 4 cars! 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -Rich- said:

We've had a quote of over £7k from WBAC for our 2011 SEL. That's with 82k miles and part service. Also try Motorway as that was a similar price after you take off WBACs fees. Plus they collect and pay immediately.

The car is barely getting used, less than 1500 miles a year and the CAT being stolen was the nail in the coffin. We should have the car back from the garage next week and then it's going. I'll miss it for sure but we don't really need 4 cars! 😂

Yes WBAC have quoted me £6370 today from the previously quoted £6190.Trouble is you need a minimum of 6 months MOT that,s why i have to wait until October to sell with a 12 month MOT but hopefully not to them.

Luckily mine has a Lexus Catloc fitted to it.Sorry to hear about yours being stolen.

We have a 2014 with 42000mls 18mth warranty and full Lexus service history, Catloc Had it 3,1/2yrs and 8,000mls.

Keep thinking I should upgrade but the car is so good and reliable and with a WBAC estimate of £10,420, I just cannot bring myself to throw the kind of money needed at something that will be a decent step up. Thought about a UX but close to another £20k needed for a 20/21 model. Just  cannot see the added value for money present.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Poundy said:

We have a 2014 with 42000mls 18mth warranty and full Lexus service history, Catloc Had it 3,1/2yrs and 8,000mls.

Keep thinking I should upgrade but the car is so good and reliable and with a WBAC estimate of £10,420, I just cannot bring myself to throw the kind of money needed at something that will be a decent step up. Thought about a UX but close to another £20k needed for a 20/21 model. Just  cannot see the added value for money present.

Just put you in my Team to play Mars, Norman.

So pleased to read three lines of common sense.

• Like 1

While I do believe that Aygo is a good little car, for very short tours in city, still I am sure the CT is going to be missed a lot. Look at the models in this forum and see that the problems listed with the CT are few and far between and not really big problems compared to the the other Lexus models in the forum. And compared to how many CT that are driving it seems to be one of the simpler and less complicated models with very few problems. Had a few Toyotas before and the only one I liked was the Spyder; both a Supra and MR2 were more often in Toyota garage to have problems fixed that I find acceptable. So far, the only problem with the CT is that service is something that Lexus here does not have and price for being serviced (oil, filter etc.) are ridiculous, but when there are no reasons to go visit Lexus for other reasons than keeping the hybrid insured that is an acceptable price to pay.

Used a new Toyota Aygo I rented in Denmark 2 years ago, latest model with open roof; and did not like it, did not keep it the 2 weeks I rented it, but changed it to a Hyundai 10.

• Like 1

Lexus Birmingham keep on telephoning, emailing and posting me various offers for trading in our CT. "Manager's special invite" etc etc.

I keep telling them me and the missus plan to keep min 7-10years before changing. I like hatchbacks or small saloons. I don't want to join the SUV club! 

CT does everything well and decent. Comfortable and reliable that's the main thing for me. Did a trip to RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk and back to Birmingham recently. Perfect on the motorway! 

Two years into ownership. I'm glad to have left the VAG group and will stick to Lexus. Would be nice to have a newer vehicle but when I think of the costs it makes sense always to keep the car longer term. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sled Driver said:

Would be nice to have a newer vehicle but when I think of the costs it makes sense always to keep the car longer term. 

11 out of 10 for common sense :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 2

Lexus gave me the worst value for my CT at a measly £4500 and said they would retail it at £6K.The value has just gone up again with WBAC for it so i think i,ll let them have it as i will never get that figure selling privately.Its a shame it will go into the hands of BCA,Cinch etc as its just too good for them but oh well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

Lexus gave me the worst value for my CT at a measly £4500 and said they would retail it at £6K.The value has just gone up again with WBAC for it so i think i,ll let them have it as i will never get that figure selling privately.Its a shame it will go into the hands of BCA,Cinch etc as its just too good for them but oh well.

Your making the right choice I think under the circumstances 👍🏽. Typical of a franchised dealership to not offer a decent price to buy a well looked after beloved motor. I've heard fairly decent reviews regarding WBAC. Looked on various YouTube reviews from people that have successfully sold their cars to them for a fair decent offer. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, stormchaser said:

Yes WBAC have quoted me £6370 today from the previously quoted £6190.Trouble is you need a minimum of 6 months MOT that,s why i have to wait until October to sell with a 12 month MOT but hopefully not to them.

Luckily mine has a Lexus Catloc fitted to it.Sorry to hear about yours being stolen.

You don't need 6 months MOT, they'll buy it with an expired one. My quote is based on 3 months left but by the time I have the car back I'll have to do it as 1-2 months. The valuation drops by the cost of an MOT so that's fine with me.

It would be nice to sell to a Lexus enthusiast but the price WBAC if offering is more than what I was expecting selling privately. Yes they might try and knock some money off but it shouldn't be much if you've been honest with the history.

Someone gave me a good tip who a WBAC rep told them. Take the car to the last appointment of the day when they'll want to get home. Take it on an overcast day so the sun doesn't show the paintwork up more. But ideally take it when it's raining as that'll make it difficult for them to try and pick things out. 

I know a couple of people who have used them and they didn't even check the interior condition or knock any money off at all. I'd probably pay the extra for next day payment though rather than wait 4 days.

• Like 1

I actually have an appointment with them at 4pm Tuesday and they,re only about a mile from where i live so not too far to walk back.I have said it only has 5 weeks MOT left so they knocked off £50 so can,t complain really as i,m getting way over retail for it and the rest of the car is immaculate with full Lexus service history.

Sad really to see it go but it,s not being used very much now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sled Driver said:

shame it will go into the hands of BCA

I'm understanding that BCA sold WBAC a little while back to a group of high paying investors ....  I could never understand anyone buying WBAC from them coz at the end of the day .....  in a normal environment, BCA are the guys doing just about ALL the wholesale selling and retail auction selling and eventually WBAC aren't going to be able to undermine the BCA expertise in this marketplace

OK Cazoo, Cinch etc seem to have a good sales modus at this point in time and indeed the Daily Mail as a significant investor in Cazoo is about to do very nicely indeed from the Cazoo IPO in owning, is it 20% of that business worth maybe a £1bn or so? 

Methinks BCA will come shining thru' at the close of business, maybe a year or so down the line,  as they're the guys with the UK expertise and understand the secondhand car market more than most ........  longer term for BCA methinks, that's where my money would be as an investor BUT OH DEAR !, you can't invest in it, nor the Daily Mail, they're both private companies :yes:

Malc

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, stormchaser said:

I actually have an appointment with them at 4pm Tuesday and they,re only about a mile from where i live so not too far to walk back.I have said it only has 5 weeks MOT left so they knocked off £50 so can,t complain really as i,m getting way over retail for it and the rest of the car is immaculate with full Lexus service history.

To be fair I don't think many owners get the initial price quoted when they arrive to do the deal at the WBAC location, it usually gets Knocked down for various faults.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, Poundy said:

Give me a ping if you want to sell it a CT fan! 🙂

On 9/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, stormchaser said:

So did you manage to do a deal Paul?

1 minute ago, stormchaser said:

I did yes and sadly it,s gone now.

Did they knock any money off the valuation and what payment speed did you opt for? How thoroughly did they check it?

We're getting our car back tomorrow so hoping to get it to WBAC on Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, -Rich- said:

Did they knock any money off the valuation and what payment speed did you opt for? How thoroughly did they check it?

We're getting our car back tomorrow so hoping to get it to WBAC on Saturday. 

They did knock money off for me not putting the correct mileage down for valuation(i put 111K instead of 111579).Also they charge £74 for the transaction.

I went for the 4 day option of payment as it,s free.

Paid next day £29 charge Paid in 2 days £24 charge.They already had enough out of me.I will be paid on Monday.

They do check it thorough.Start at the front bumper,bonnetheadlights,wings then sides and the doors(also the door edges for chips) then rear quarters,rear bumper and tailgate.They look under the bonnet and then check the VIN number(which isn,t their haha)Didn,t check inside though or look at the wheels/tyres.

They ask you straight away for the V5 and your license for ID and matching addresses.

Then they will give you the valuation for you to accept or decline but you can,t haggle with them as it,s all done on an ipad(guy before me obviously wasn,t happy with his offer for his 16 reg Civic as he sped of quickly).

If you accept they ask for the keys and you sign on the ipad and they will text and email you the invoice.

Took about 30 minutes in total.

Then arrive home and have a good cry haha.

• Like 1

What about when you drive it there, that adds mileage too!!

That reminds me the engine bay is a bit grubby so I'll have to clean that quickly. I'm hoping the branch I use doesn't check the wheels as while three are mint one does have a little kerbing on the edge. I removed it from the valuation in the hope they don't notice.

Our car has 2 and half months MOT. The options are 3-5 months or 1-2 months. Our valuation is based on the former but I don't know whether to change it.

My concern with taking the free payment is leaving the car with them. I would opt for the 30 minute option but that's probably weekdays only, not late on a Saturday which is when I plan to take it.

• Like 1

We got the car back on Friday. I spent a good few hours cleaning it on Saturday and swapping the winter wheels back to the summer ones. It was too late to take it to WBAC by then. So I've listed it using that motorway, although they need to speak to me first.

After going through the history the car has done 3k miles in 2 years and in 2019 I also had new front discs and pads fitted so they're virtually brand new!

I'll see what happens with motorway but I only have 10 days until the insurance needs renewing so need it gone asap!

• Like 1