Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My previous S3 GS had Xenon headlights but only for the dipped beam with the main beam using halogen bulbs. However, my S4 has bi-xenon lights meaning both dipped and main beam are Xenon powered. Can anyone therefore confirm the number of Xenon headlight bulbs the S4 GS has please? I have checked the owners manual but it only states the type of bulb not the number installed. I think it is two but would like confirmation of this please as I want to fit some uprated bulbs.

Many thanks 

51 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

I have checked the owners manual but it only states the type of bulb not the number installed. I think it is two but would like confirmation of this please as I want to fit some uprated bulbs.

You are right to be cautious Chris.  I had the same dilemma with my IS250 Premier and bought two bulbs for each side  - main and dip - for fitting by the dealer.  In fact not only was the Manual ambiguous about the number of bulbs, it said nothing about fitting other than referring back to the dealer.

It turns out that only one bulb per side was required.  Apparently a mechanical switching system utilised the one bulb for both main and dip.

So I can only suggest a call to the Service Manager of your local Lexus dealer.

Fortunately,  I got my Osram xenons from autobulbs direct and had no problem getting a refund on the unused double pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1