Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kent / London meet

JDM-Fiend

Possible meet location - South East  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you be willing to travel to for a small Lexus meet?

• Kent
    • London
    • Essex

London would work for me, Kent would be a bit far. I’ve hosted one a many number of years ago with the Citroën C6 club, but we were a small group, I don’t think there were more than 1000 cars ever imported total!

Effectively we just held a casual meet-up at a nice local pub on a quiet evening with a large car park, that’s usually easy enough to put together. While that kind of event is dead easy to pull together, I feel like it would be bad form if a large group just rocked up without notice, I would say we never really had more than 10 C6s on any given event.

A small event like this would be a nice way to dip a toe back into the car meet world after covid. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ciao_chao said:

London would work for me, Kent would be a bit far. I’ve hosted one a many number of years ago with the Citroën C6 club, but we were a small group, I don’t think there were more than 1000 cars ever imported total!

Effectively we just held a casual meet-up at a nice local pub on a quiet evening with a large car park, that’s usually easy enough to put together. While that kind of event is dead easy to pull together, I feel like it would be bad form if a large group just rocked up without notice, I would say we never really had more than 10 C6s on any given event.

A small event like this would be a nice way to dip a toe back into the car meet world after covid. 

Whereabouts are you coming from? 

Kent is generally better for me as I live here and I wouldn't have to travel into potential traffic and built up areas if I don't have to. Also, plenty of good places to meet, such as Bluewater with ample parking and food/drink. Essex might also be a potential middle ground, depending on all involved.

Thanks for giving me your experience, I always assumed it was straight forward but didn't want to say until I heard from someone in the know.

It would be sensible to limit it to 10 cars maximum, due to the current times.

Poll added.

So I’m actually in Bucks, work in London. I could do Essex easily too, and I would expect you’ll find more appropriate venues there and Kent. I think it would be hard to find a London venue that wouldn’t want/need/appreciate advanced notice, even for a small scale event. Maybe something like Waltham or Epping forest, but people might think we were up to something else…

27 minutes ago, JDM-Fiend said:

Whereabouts are you coming from? 

Kent is generally better for me as I live here and I wouldn't have to travel into potential traffic and built up areas if I don't have to. Also, plenty of good places to meet, such as Bluewater 

Bluey is a good shout ....then again I would say that I'm in Sittingbourne 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDM-Fiend said:

Might just be me and you in Kent at this rate 😂 

Lol ....give it a bit more time for the ones already in bed to see the posting ....maybe put the hog roast on hold for now though 😁

27 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Hi Chan,

Yes I'm on here but I only look at the LS400/430/600 sections as not interested in other Lexi. 

Cheers,

George

Fair enough George, as long as you've voted and can come to the meet I'm happy! 

• 2 weeks later...

So, just over a week on and no more replies. I wanted to get a meet in ideally in the next 4-6 weeks as the calendar is filling up fast. There have also been mutterings of the 'C' word (Get your mind out of the gutter, some of you 😆)

The majority vote of the appears to be Kent, which I personally prefer.

I'm thinking of Bluewater as a venue, although I'm open to other suggestions.

Any other suggestions?