Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My car is a GS300 November 2007 - On the last service (Indy) in April, they noted "Minor oil leak O/S/F Shock' but said to wait and see how it is when in for a service next year. Mileage was 78,362. Mileage now about 79,800. However, prior to that I had been aware of the car not handling bumps in the road vey well, quite jarring sometimes. When on roads in VERY good condition the car travels very smoothly but I'm noticing the bumps and jarring quite a lot now on any road that isn't smooth. Which suspension parts would need to be replaced to get the suspension back to as new condition? How much would it cost for labour and materials. It's the same old storey, do I spend money on it or sell it? The exhaust sounds fine but I've read on here lately that at this age/mileage that could also be on the horizon. Even though these cars are very reliable, and this one has been, it's an unknown as to what might need spending in the future. All comments welcome. Thanks.

OEM Front dampers/shock absorbers are around £250.00 each ( best practice to replace both on same axle).

Provided the rest of the strut is OK you could just replace that part, labour I would estimate around 3 hours the pair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

OEM Front dampers/shock absorbers are around £250.00 each ( best practice to replace both on same axle).

Provided the rest of the strut is OK you could just replace that part, labour I would estimate around 3 hours the pair.

So that's just the front that needs replacing you think? What sort of suspension does the rear have? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links