Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 LS600H Aux in / Video

Hi. Recently purchased my 1st Lexus a 2007 LS600H. Trying to work out how i can play music from my phone. The only aux in is in the centre console its video and audio left and right, can i use these ports?

Thanks inadvance, any tips appreciated 

Have exactly the same year and model and the same question.  Have tried connecting mp3 player and then android phone via the outlets in the front armrest but not a squeak!  I think the problem is that the music player remains in whatever mode (disc,radio,etc.) is already set and I have not discovered a way to switch the mode/input...

• Like 1

From the LS600h (2008) owners manual, (page 341) you just need to hit the DISC/Aux button twice to select the Aux option.
If that does not work, then you either have a problem with the cables you are connecting to the Aux input, or else your system is broken.
You need a cable that connects to your phone (or other media player) and on the other end has the 2 audio connectors (stereo left & right).

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

From the LS600h (2008) owners manual, (page 341) you just need to hit the DISC/Aux button twice to select the Aux option.
If that does not work, then you either have a problem with the cables you are connecting to the Aux input, or else your system is broken.
You need a cable that connects to your phone (or other media player) and on the other end has the 2 audio connectors (stereo left & right).

On 9/10/2021 at 11:21 PM, J Cowan said:

Hi. Recently purchased my 1st Lexus a 2007 LS600H. Trying to work out how i can play music from my phone. The only aux in is in the centre console its video and audio left and right, can i use these ports?

Thanks inadvance, any tips appreciated 

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Just tried pressing the DISC (mine doesn't have a DISC/AUX button) twice (various kinds of 2 presses) but just works the disc (hence disc button!)...  The cable ends in a red and white connectors and have matched these to the car white and red ..

Can you post a pic of your audio head unit?
If the head unit does not have an Aux on the button, it may not have been installed on your system.
It could be that the Aux input was an option that wasn't selected by whoever bought your LS new.
Either that or else it wasn't implemented on the early ones even though the connectors are there.

For the RCA connectors, the white is Left channel audio, Red is right channel audio, and Yellow is video.

Finally, if yours has the MiniDisc player under the CD (and the MD button) then the Aux in is not connected for your vehicle as the MD is using that input to the stereo, as per below.

i-img1200x900-15390101945evs8l880205.jpg

3 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

If the head unit does not have an Aux on the button, it may not have been installed on your system.
It could be that the Aux input was an option that wasn't selected by whoever bought your LS new.
Either that or else it wasn't implemented on the early ones even though the connectors are there.

For the RCA connectors, the white is Left channel audio, Red is right channel audio, and Yellow is video.

Finally, if yours has the MiniDisc player under the CD (and the MD button) then the Aux in is not connected for your vehicle as the MD is using that input to the stereo, as per below.

i-img1200x900-15390101945evs8l880205.jpgIMG_20210916_135442.thumb.jpg.d0c290efdb7ec9e961e4f85196244e8a.jpg

Here's mine.

3 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

i-img1200x900-15390101945evs8l880205.jpg

Here it is.

Thank you.  What is puzzling is why does it have the outlets/plug-in points for the aux... I also miss the cassette player that was standard on  my Ls400 and Ls430 but then I just miss those two cars for everything else they had and which the LS600 doesn't have.

My '06 LS460 also has the video inputs in the armrest - I think they were replaced by the AUX input in 2008.

I had a play with mine earlier, using a 3.5mm to red & white RCA plug adapter plugged into the headphone socket on my phone, and then playing an mp3. I thought that just selecting "Video" as the source on the rear controls would then just play the audio from the phone.

Wrong! Nothing happened at all.

Just had a thought though - maybe it only comes out of the headphones?

Anyway, I use a Bluetooth adapter now, because even if you did get the video input to work I think you'd have to sit in the back seat to control it!

• 1 month later...

Apologies for late reply!!

I did have success in the end, i purchased a 2 male RCA cable to lightning and plugged it into the video port in the glovebox. 

The sound comes out of the speakers but only when played via 'video' from the rear. It can be selected from the front with the rear remote control, a bit tricky as you cant see the screen. The sound quality was still very good.

• Like 1

Sorry can you explain "video port in the glove box"?

12 hours ago, J Cowan said:

Apologies for late reply!!

I did have success in the end, i purchased a 2 male RCA cable to lightning and plugged it into the video port in the glovebox. 

The sound comes out of the speakers but only when played via 'video' from the rear. It can be selected from the front with the rear remote control, a bit tricky as you cant see the screen. The sound quality was still very good.

Is there a video port in the glovebox?

2 hours ago, J Cowan said:

In the front centre console below the arm rest. 

Thank for the clarification, I was wondering if there was another difference between various models of the Ls600hl.

On 9/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, MJB18 said:

My '06 LS460 also has the video inputs in the armrest - I think they were replaced by the AUX input in 2008.

I had a play with mine earlier, using a 3.5mm to red & white RCA plug adapter plugged into the headphone socket on my phone, and then playing an mp3. I thought that just selecting "Video" as the source on the rear controls would then just play the audio from the phone.

Wrong! Nothing happened at all.

Just had a thought though - maybe it only comes out of the headphones?

Anyway, I use a bluetooth adapter now, because even if you did get the video input to work I think you'd have to sit in the back seat to control it!

I tried it with the RCA cable and selecting video via the remote control and it works!  I don't know whether it makes a difference but it might: so all the CDs I had loaded in the CD player were music with no videos or DVDs. Once started the video screen can be closed and the aux input will continue. Thank you!