Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h July 2021 pulls towards right

20 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Yes...

Get the suspension geometry checked (all four corners)

Thanks. Is this done at lexus service? Or any other recommendations?  Not really fuss about getting it done at lexus as long as i managed to get the right place to figure out whats going on. Im based around Mk and happy to drive to aroun London

Four wheel geometry check is part of the annual service (at least at my dealership, others have other experiences), so if yours has the facility or usually farm it out, I'd have them check it out. They know the cars best?

The car is new and under warranty. I would go back to the/a dealer and get them to sort it out.

Have you checked your tyre pressure? (although any discrepancy should have been picked up by the TPMS)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DanD said:

The car is new and under warranty. I would go back to the/a dealer and get them to sort it out.

Have you checked your tyre pressure? (although any discrepancy should have been picked up by the TPMS)

+1!

Let the dealer diagnose and fix it.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:12 PM, Nick.nx21 said:

Purchased new nx 300h 2021 in July. Feels like it pulls towards right and steering assist makes noticeable adjustments on motorways. Anything i need to be worried about? 

Assuming it to be brand new Nick then get it back to the dealer pdq and tell them its not right . Not only is it not right but you want to set the right tone with the dealership from day one for the future conversations you may have to have with them but hopefully not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Up to a point yes. TPMS will allow a circa 10% deviation in pressure from the set pressure before alarming. This could be just over 3 psi and a 3 psi difference across the front axle could give a slight pulling to one side.

Any slight pulling to one side and it is best to measure and reset all pressures to the correct values. If it still does it then get a four wheel alignment.

Generally speaking a dealership won’t reset wheel alignment for free because even just bumping up a kerb is enough to knock wheel alignment out, not to mention the massive and frequent potholes we all have to contend with on today’s roads.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Up to a point yes. TPMS will allow a circa 10% deviation in pressure from the set pressure before alarming. This could be just over 3 psi and a 3 psi difference across the front axle could give a slight pulling to one side.

Definitely worth checking tyre pressures. For Europe, TPMS will trigger once pressures drop to 20% below the initialisation pressure, so certainly enough to feel a difference if only one side is low even without a warning light coming on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Definitely worth checking tyre pressures. For Europe, TPMS will trigger once pressures drop to 20% below the initialisation pressure, so certainly enough to feel a difference if only one side is low even without a warning light coming on.

My TPMS has always triggered at about 3 psi below the measured point which is more like 10%. 20% would be over 6 psi and I’ve never known it allow a 6 psi drop before triggering. Are you sure it’s 20%?