Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear calliper sliders

I have no idea, someone here will tho' quite soon for you ........  BUT would just recommend that your servicing people regularly check them for ease of proper working

What I do ( hahaha, have done )  each service time, annually and at the MOT, my indy always without fail checks the callipers for working properly and to date, to my knowledge, I'm still on the originals at 234k miles and 26 years young ....  regular proper maintenance seems to be the way with callipers methinks ......  saving a blinding fortune on replacements

Malc

• Like 2

Will do Malc, I do my own servicing and maintenance where possible. Its been a long time since I did it on my previous Lexus, 10 years or more, could probably work it out myself, but just trying to save some time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtronics said:

Does anyone know how the sliders come out of the rear callipers? I need to free mine up, they are not completely stuck, but causing a bit of sticking. Rather try free it up than replace it. 

Once you undo them they should just pull out if they aren't completely stuck - use some locking pliers on the end to rotate and pull them at the same time. You can then clean/replace the pins easily, cleaning out the calliper carrier holes are more tricky if it is corroded.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For the lesser adventurous out there, Lexus dealership removed and re-greased all my slide pins for £100 in 2019. Might cost a bit more now post pandemic/Brexit but still fairly reasonable given the effort otherwise. Plan to have them do this every 2-3 years to be on the safe side. 26k 2014 Is330h, still 9mm on all pads at service last month.

• Like 2