Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service query + Gold

12 minutes ago, stringbender said:

Have Lexus dealers stopped giving GOLD members a discount on annual service costs ?

Also, does anyone know if the space saver spare wheel's tyre pressure is checked at service ?

Good question Alan, it's been mentioned before, what I suspect is, with the demise of Essential and intro of Relax dealers reason that there is no reason to discount as you don't have an option which of course you had previously and of course Lexus UK will have sold to the dealerships as an additional benefit of the new schemes. 

Which then begs the question, is it worth being a Gold Club member? I negotiated a decent service plan, and I rarely purchase things from Halfords, so I don't consider it worth being a member now.

I've just had a reminder, and regret I won't be renewing. 

If I can't contribute here, so be it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Which then begs the question, is it worth being a Gold Club member? I negotiated a decent service plan, and I rarely purchase things from Halfords, so I don't consider it worth being a member now.

That would be a great pity Paul as I am sure many people have valued your input over the years. As to discounts, well they do extend way beyond Halfords and each lexus dealership is autonomous and this means there is scope for reductions if you develop the right relationships. 👍

2 hours ago, PRT68 said:

Why would you not be able to continue posting on here?

Many members aren't Gold but still make very valid contributions. I must admit that mine auto-renewed at the beginning of August but I'm also beginning to wonder about whether it's worth it now or not. Halfords are usually so overpriced that the discount we get only brings their prices down to about the same as every other place anyway and the only time I seem to go there is if I need anything when other places are shut.

The only other thing Gold seems to be good for is the ability to edit forum posts at any time, rather than having just a 1-hour window in which to do it.

Hi Guys

I have been looking at the Relax scheme. I do recall that Lexus Essential care was also not available at a discounted price either and that was for cars 3 years  to 10 years I believe. The scheme also caters for cars between 5-10 years. The other benefits that would work are parts and accessories and repairs that fall outside of the "Relax" warranty scheme.

I am going to look further into this with some dealers to see what benefits are available. We did contact all dealers 4 months ago just before "relax" was launched and I am not sure all the dealers at that time were up to speed with the new "Relax" scheme, but we will check our end if there is any loss of the discount scheme.

There are some plans to market more discounts from companies soon so keeping your eye open for these may be a benefit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

Many members aren't Gold but still make very valid contributions.

woooooops .....  that can't be me then coz  my contributions are often in-valid ......  non-valid ......  of presumptuous validity ..........  that's why mine's always the bronzey looking variety :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

I had my annual service at Lexus Cheltenham and asked whether my Gold membership would still provide a discount.  Unfortunately not. (I don't know whether this is the case with all dealers who participated but I question I will find out before the next annual service.

I have only used Halfords once so the Gold card seemingly offers little advantage for me.   However, I appreciate there are costs associated with running a forum and was a 'site supporter'. when an activate member of a BMW forum for this reason.  I did think about this when I was asked to agree to extend my Gold Member membership HERE recently.  I did renew but feel the cost is rather higher than on other forums, perhaps deterring some members from participating, particularly in view of the forgoing lost advantages.  I do wonder if consideration could be given to say members becoming 'Silver Members' (or whatever), without discount or other advantages as Site Supporters for say an annual fee of £15 whilst KEEPING 'Gold' status and perhaps some other advantage for those wishing to retain and pay for 'Gold Status'.

I think this matter needs to be reviewed if lost advantages of 'Gold Membership' is going to lead to fewer members participating, possibly resulting in an embarrassing situation in respect running the forum,                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

• Like 1

It states “inspect spare wheel/spare saver/tyre repair kit ( model dependent)” on the check list the same as the road wheels and tyres so I wonder if they actually check the pressures on any of them.

https://l1-movies.lexus-europe.com/media/downloads/GBEN/Lexus - Service Table 0418.pdf

Personally I would ask your dealer as tyre inspections and correct pressures on all the tyres are essential.

Having said that weekly tyre checks on all tyres should be carried out by the driver according to the owner’s manual.

8 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It states “inspect spare wheel/spare saver/tyre repair kit ( model dependent)” on the check list the same as the road wheels and tyres so I wonder if they actually check the pressures on any of them.

I asked because I thought it was an important safety issue and I know the spare wasn't removed at first service. I also know it wasn't removed at second service despite mentioning it. The pressure cannot be checked without removing the wheel. 

That's the best part of £750 for very little work on 2 services. Ah well, it says to expect Amazing. I am certainly amazed.

Alan

• Like 1

When it comes to dealer servicing I have noticed most items are “check” so how are they checked? 

Visually “The brake pads look OK as they still have some friction material present” or are the pads removed and then measured with a vernier micrometer. What about the parking brake shoes does the drum come off for inspection.

From past experience we know Lexus do not remove the calliper slide pins and re-grease them as part of the service hence so many seized callipers.

”Replacements” are generally fluids and filters as required except of course the transmission which is “sealed for life”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

When it comes to dealer servicing I have noticed most items are “check” so how are they checked? 

If the service is combined with an MOT, it makes the service 'checking' of items even easier!  

• Like 1

If the brake slide pins are not removed an greased as appropriate by Lexus in at least a major service, you could do a better job yourself. 

I asked whilst having a recent major service if the spark plugs could be left and the cost of this deducted as the car had only just done over 40K miles and could be left until the car had covered 60K which will be at least in a couple of years time.  I was told that the spark plugs change (expensive on the 6 cylinder RX), was part of the service and if I wanted the service book stamped, the plugs would  have to be changed.  So over a barrel you could say!

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

I was told that the spark plugs change (expensive on the 6 cylinder RX), was part of the service and if I wanted the service book stamped, the plugs would  have to be changed.  So over a barrel you could say!

Well, yes and no.

If you want a warranty it's only right that you have to stick to the conditions they lay down.

If you're not bothered about having a warranty then you can do as you please and take it to any garage you fancy.