Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


What car next.....


Recommended Posts

So, as aware I sold the GSF a couple of months ago for financial reasons of loosing my job in January bootiful covid. 

I have been working again just on a grim 50% less than what Im used to, however things are starting to look fruitful for the future once more. 

This then begs the question what motor next......

  • Im quite tempted by the Solar Flare GSF On AT - But the prices are horrendous as many cars at present. And Ive had one... But the temptation of purchasing another is the whole "future classic" temptation. 
  • Also Im rather fond of the LC500 (non hybrid obviously) The pricing of these is my top end but they are quite a sleek stunning motors. 
  • And finally the obvious petrol heads temptation.... an R35.... 

 

With the lack of future F cars and Lexus Europe/UK obvious focus towards Hybrid, Plug in and Electric It leaves a gas guzzling monkey like me anxious. On top of that, you have speed limiters being fitted to all new cars from 2022. 

 

Whats everyone else semi tempted by after the beloved F ? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, Arnett said:

So, as aware I sold the GSF a couple of months ago for financial reasons of loosing my job in January bootiful covid. 

I have been working again just on a grim 50% less than what Im used to, however things are starting to look fruitful for the future once more. 

This then begs the question what motor next......

  • Im quite tempted by the Solar Flare GSF On AT - But the prices are horrendous as many cars at present. And Ive had one... But the temptation of purchasing another is the whole "future classic" temptation. 
  • Also Im rather fond of the LC500 (non hybrid obviously) The pricing of these is my top end but they are quite a sleek stunning motors. 
  • And finally the obvious petrol heads temptation.... an R35.... 

 

With the lack of future F cars and Lexus Europe/UK obvious focus towards Hybrid, Plug in and Electric It leaves a gas guzzling monkey like me anxious. On top of that, you have speed limiters being fitted to all new cars from 2022. 

 

Whats everyone else semi tempted by after the beloved F ? 

 

 

GR Corolla maybe, if it materialises ...not a Lexus but same stable and seeing as its same running gear as GR Yaris it could be fun although admittedly not an 8 pot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I’ve got my eye on the new Corvette C8 RHD or the new Lotus Emira I’ve decided to keep the RCF until they have both been around a while

Enjoyed my Corvette C6 and Camaro Z28. Friends were always amazed at how fast it could move with so few RPM. Just remember the quality won’t be anyway near a Lexus, it’s a Chevy. I toured the Corvette factory in Kentucky in 2016 and was pretty underwhelmed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I wanted to add an LC500 but I have just purchased a workshop/ storage set up, so money isn't as available right now and the Mrs is giving me the eye for the new NX. I could squeeze the financials for a GR Yaris which I really want as a run around, not that I mind being in the LS or GS F, but something smaller and nippy is screaming at me and I've already scratched the Abarth itch! There are strong rumours/ confirmations (depends how you look at it) that we will get a GR Corolla and allegedly, a Lexus 'UC' will make an appearance a few years down the line based off the new GR86 but with a hybrid platform...

I loved the R35 when it came out, but I am bored of it and think it has lost its 'special' now, plus everyones got the 'Litchfield Look' with small willy compensation big HP 😛 which doesn't interest me.

What am I interested in other than above, too many is the short answer but to generate some discussion...

Another GS F but as low mileage as possible to keep as a 'future classic' and not have to worry about miles on my current one.

Lexus LFA if I sold the house and lived in the car 😂

Skyline R34 GTR

The LX on autotrader or a Touareg as I need a tow vehicle

AM Vantage GT8 manual

Porsche 911 GT3 touring

Cupra Formentor - if the Mrs doesn't like the new NX

Volvo V60 Polestar 3L

Alfa Guilia QF GTAm

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to know what you guys do for a living considering what you have/are considering 🙂

LC500 is an obvious choice of course, but I would also be very tempted by the Alfa Guilia QF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something hydrogen powered. Probably fuel cell something. So many factories are working on the idea so something good could come out of it while we are still alloved to drive cars.

Think the CT will last till they are available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Duggie B said:

GR Corolla maybe, if it materialises ...not a Lexus but same stable and seeing as its same running gear as GR Yaris it could be fun although admittedly not an 8 pot.

Yeah the GR Yaris was a stunning "little" car, if a GR Corolla appears I indeed may be tempted by that I forgot about those rumours. 

19 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I’ve got my eye on the new Corvette C8 RHD or the new Lotus Emira I’ve decided to keep the RCF until they have both been around a while

Dont dislike the idea of a C8, such an agresive looking car just a shame about quality. On the upside our weathers int he uk are less harsh than alot of those in America 

14 hours ago, AJ500 said:

LC 500. Just do it.

Haha, I need to try organise a weekend test drive for one, I love that the engine has been tuned into the cabin like the LFA which really helps bring the V8 out. I would have the modify the exhaust like most Lexus's its just a tad to refined but the angles on this car 💖

11 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Alfa Guilia QF GTAm

I LOVE the QF GTAm its just to expensive for me, I also really would like an R34 BUT I hate dated interiors I would need to have the entire inside rebuilt for my stupid self which just takes away from the car 

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I would love to know what you guys do for a living considering what you have/are considering 🙂

Nothing spectacular, I was a branch manager for a well known  UK electrical brand until January of this year. Currently work from home for sub 25k a year with covid related roles & also am an Immunizer. Got a few leads set up to get back into management with Customer service & sales office related roles which will put me back on a proper salary and less hours but I prioritize funds to fuel my passion of cars.  No TV License, no Sky Tv, Sim only phone contract, dont smoke, drink less than 10 beers in a 6 month period on average, dont own my house but also rent from council in a lovely retirement area meaning my rent is hugely affordable allowing me to spend the money on the 3 kids or my own passions. Different people prioritize funds differently.  Some of these forum members though sell illegal organs on the black market. 

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Something hydrogen powered. Probably fuel cell something. So many factories are working on the idea so something good could come out of it while we are still alloved to drive cars.

Think the CT will last till they are available.

I mean Hydrogen may hold a better bearing for myself than electric but I personally love the sound of an engine to much. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sam,

I think you are confusing the exhaust sound of the LC with the RCF.
It certainly isnt overly quiet unless you are literally poodling around town,which is totally fine.The aftermarket systems shown on Youtube seem to create a loud but unpleasant soundscape,completely out of character with the LC.Just my opinion.

I found the Lexus dealers only too willing to provide extended demo periods.Its just a case of whether they have a V8 available as they interchange demo units between Hybrid and V8 .

Good luck.

A J.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Sam,

I think you are confusing the exhaust sound of the LC with the RCF.
It certainly isnt overly quiet unless you are literally poodling around town,which is totally fine.The aftermarket systems shown on Youtube seem to create a loud but unpleasant soundscape,completely out of character with the LC.Just my opinion.

I found the Lexus dealers only too willing to provide extended demo periods.Its just a case of whether they have a V8 available as they interchange demo units between Hybrid and V8 .

Good luck.

A J.

Appreciate that A.J, Ill drop my local lexus an email and see if I can arrange a weekend loaner for a future weekend off hopefully they have a v8 available. Ive only heard the LC in videos and it reminds me of the GSF stock note, a stunning sound but unfortunately I lack the refinement and am rather fond of valve systems to give me variable notes depending on my audience. 

But the more I see of this car the more temptation grips me....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106214052014?radius=1501&postcode=co39bg&model=LC 500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&include-delivery-option=on&price-to=60000&page=1

 

I mean just look at it....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

I am,out of my window and mine looks exactly like the ad you show ,same colour.

A J.

If you didnt live so far away id bring you some bubbles just so I can come and see it haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GR Yaris. You run out of superlatives for that. 
My son is 3 months into a circuit pack equipped car, after a gt86 that saw him through uni….. (I wanted one)

the gt86 was a brilliant steer, with sufficient performance, l loved it. The Yaris however is on another level. Epic little car. If you don’t need the space - and you can get one, it’s a no brainer.

as for what’s after a GSF. For me, for a new daily driver God only knows. I want a new car, I’d like it to be comfortable to chew some miles if necessary. But don’t know which way to jump. Don’t want the hassle of a Merc or bmw. Been there before. They break. JLR absolutely no chance. We have an ipace company car, it took 9 weeks to get it into the garage for a Battery fault, they’ve had it 3 weeks now, and want it for at least another 2!!! Never again. My old defender has been more reliable than that POS. Newcastle Jaguar have been absolute rubbish, customer service has been non existent.

had thought about going to an 991 Carrera T, but have a older 911 which might not be as quick, but will wipe the floor for driver involvement compared to a newer one. 
So while changing the ISF to the GSF was an easy decision, the next change is a tough one. 

Might keep it and supercharge it…….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

GR Yaris. You run out of superlatives for that. 

Might keep it and supercharge it…….

The GR Yaris leaves a lot of hope for the future tbh, its a stunning go-kart. 

That ol RR racing kit.. Yeah that was on my list of to dos.

17 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

As a matter of interest,what part of Essex are you.I am from Leigh on Sea and regularly return for family.However,not often in the Lexus as we have to lug stuff about.

A J.

Tad further afield Im afraid, Colchester. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some interesting suggestions on this thread from current F owners. I think it's quite a tough decision after owning a 'quick' Lexus. The mrs has the obligatory Range Rover and I am so underwhelmed by anything attached to that vehicle and the company. She loves it and loves me, so I'm putting that down to her being easily pleased, although it creaks and rattles like me, so I see what I have in common with it.

There just isn't much out there that makes me want to change from where I am. Most newer cars have those god awful sized front grills which isn't my thing. As above with Merc and BM, yes if reliability wasn't an issue. I do like the look of the Alfa QF, very nice looking car. Lexus don't sell anything appealing right at this moment and with their keenness to remove all things exciting from the European Market, I'm not sure where I'd go next. I guess you don't look around when you're already happy.

I'll be keen to see what you test drive and end up with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, serbarry said:

You don't have a TV?

I have a TV (A Sony XR65A9 OlED to be exact), its just only used for Playstation, Netflix, Disney & amazon. Its not tuned nor is the BBCi player app downloaded onto it. A Tv licence is only required to watch or record either Live TV (Including ITV Sky channels and bbc) or to watch BBCi player which iplayer also informs you of this when you sign into it. Its been declared to tv licencing authorities as to how its also used as by doing this the right way they stop sending letters etc. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arnett said:

I mean Hydrogen may hold a better bearing for myself than electric but I personally love the sound of an engine to much. 

Hydrogen combustion engines do function. Never heard one though. Would like one.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/35209996.html

https://carsinsiders.com/2021/05/30/toyota-unveils-hydrogen-burning-engine-plan-to-fight-ev-mania/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I would love to know what you guys do for a living considering what you have/are considering

Purchaser and seller of the finest magic beans! 😆

I am a physiotherapist by degree, but the NHS is unfortunately a shambles and private work starts to become a weirdly lucrative scene if you want to be dishonest (not my MO) and charge through the nose for false promises, have also worked in the benefit system conducting assessments for UC and ESA - never again no matter how good the pay!!!

Investment opportunities is where I turn over the real pennies, property, cars, precious metals, stock market, Lego (no joke), anything that I could turn a profit on I'll give it a once over, started as a side thing and kinda exploded into real money making.

I am also on the same page as @Arnett, I live off a spreadsheet, which may appear to take the fun out of things but I am able to maximise money available to endulge by creating strict budgets around needs/ wants of everyday things and sticking to them/ improving them.

5 hours ago, Killysprint said:

Might keep it and supercharge it…….

I've heard from a few US owners on insta, this makes the car undriveable unless in the perfect weather condition, so I didn't fancy blowing the money and ruining the car.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

 I do like the look of the Alfa QF

Seriously thought about one before the GSF, car was fantastic. Beautiful, extremely quick, great to drive, however the local dealer didn’t really inspire confidence….. and when it went wrong and it would go wrong, when it comes to my cars and spending my hard earned cash on them,  I don’t suffer fools gladly at the best of times, so incompetent dealers are a big no, so it was quickly of the list.

Both lexus havent gone wrong, the local dealers were great, both have recently been taken over by stoneacre, so haven’t experienced the pleasure of dealing with them yet. But then again, you can’t really make a mess of a plug, fliter, oil change and a once over. That’s all they do, and long may it continue.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Purchaser and seller of the finest magic beans! 😆

I am a physiotherapist by degree, but the NHS is unfortunately a shambles and private work starts to become a weirdly lucrative scene if you want to be dishonest (not my MO) and charge through the nose for false promises, have also worked in the benefit system conducting assessments for UC and ESA - never again no matter how good the pay!!!

Investment opportunities is where I turn over the real pennies, property, cars, precious metals, stock market, Lego (no joke), anything that I could turn a profit on I'll give it a once over, started as a side thing and kinda exploded into real money making.

I am also on the same page as @Arnett, I live off a spreadsheet, which may appear to take the fun out of things but I am able to maximise money available to endulge by creating strict budgets around needs/ wants of everyday things and sticking to them/ improving them.

I've heard from a few US owners on insta, this makes the car undriveable unless in the perfect weather condition, so I didn't fancy blowing the money and ruining the car.

Perhaps I should come and see about the pain in the neck I have been experiencing 🙂

Well, it sounds like you are very good at making money from investments.  Personally, I have a very bad habit of opening and building the Lego I buy 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership