Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 450h Wheel arch cover retaining clips

I have just discovered that one of the retaining clips securing the wheel arch cover and bumper is missing. Goggled it find some that look right but says for Toyota fender???. Anyone got a photo of the right one or a link. eBay has some (packs of 10 or 20)  but doesn't say for Lexus 450h.

I bought a pack of 'Lexus Clips' off e-bay. 100 assorted for £6.59 with free delivery (see photo).

I have used them to replace most of the ones I have broken or lost while fiddling with my car.

Not sure if I can upload the link but they are listed as.

100x For TOYOTA LEXUS Push Rivets Undertray Car Body Splash Guard Clips Retainer

lexus clips.jpg

Thanks but not the same, the one's on my car secure the arch liner to the front bumper/wing and are a squarish shape slightly tapered. Ordered what I think are the same (from china) due in October. Update then.

Thanks again 

Are you talking about plastic clips with the plastic pin that comes through the arch liner and into front bumper?

On front arches I had the same issue and ordered clips from Chinas but they were not compatible with the Lexus, I had to order these from Lexus directly.

• 2 weeks later...

managed to get the correct replacement for my 450h from Lexus supplies at Swindon. They corrected the p20210922_134258.thumb.jpg.20125c9f43ca92fbffa0125e37a8801e.jpgart number that Lexus have on the diagram so good firm. It looks like I will have to undo the one in situ to be able to fit the new one. My question is, has anyone done this and if yes any tips would be gratefully accepted, don't want to do any damage.

• Like 1

I have done it but do not have the photos, try to remove screws under the corner of a bumper to give the wheel arch a bit more play. Saying that - the wheel arch quite flexible too so that helps.

Yes sounds sensible, I suppose it is a case of suck it and see. What could possibly go wrong? Did watch a YouTube from some fellar in the USofA, anything they can do we can do better, except golf

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. managed to get the correct items from Lexus accessories in Swindon. Lexus at Reading sent me a graph  of the relevant parts with part numbers, unfortunately they were wrong and the parts department at Swindon put the right ones in. It was quite straight forward because as said the arch covers are very pliable. One down, one to go!!! the CD player has swallowed one of my CDs. It will not play it but I can load a second one and it plays it. Annoyed because the lost one is the sound track from Gladiator. I have checked the user manual but it seems to show a different layout and I can't select CD. Any ideas how to get the disc out? if I can i will copy it to memory stick and avoid the CD player. Any suggestions accepted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links