Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 220d acceleration problem

lastanimir

Hello! I have a problem with my Is 220d. 
The car accelerates very slowly.  No errors were recorded.  The DPF filter has been removed.  EGR too.  The car has a remap but that doesn't help either.  Go for a maximum of about 140 hp (about 210 should be).  Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm no expert  on diesels but your post has raised some questions; Were the DPF/EGR removed  and remap done to try and cure the slow acceleration problem or did the problem occur after they were done? if it occurred after ,then they are most likely the source. Lexus cars do not take kindly to fiddling and from what I've read remaps are problematical as the software is protected to prevent it.

Have you got good compression on all cylinders?

This particular model wasn't the best Lexus ever produced. Have a look through this forum for a run down of all the problems owners have experienced. If you want 210hp out of a Lexus IS then best get  a petrol IS 250.

Any help?

Check the fuel injectors and the carbon built around the inlet valves.

You should be doing an inlet valve cleaning once a year using special cleaners sprayed into the inlet manifold.

If your inlet valves are heavily clocked you may have to use wallnut blasting or clean them with chemicals.

Chris.

• Like 1

Yes just unplug the connection and take the car for a drive. The ECU will revert to default settings for the MAF. You should notice any improvement in performance fairly quickly which would point to a problem with your MAF sensor.

I'm uncertain as to whether or not it will turn on the engine management fault light.

• 1 month later...