Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blinker speed change 2013 MK4 GS450h

Hello everyone 🙂

I came accross strange issue with the blinker speed change on my GS.

I completed procedure fully (with written guides form here, yt videos) - got to the stage that I received confirmation with 1-2-3 blinks from the right indicator at the end depending on the settings I choose, but after all once I tap indicator it remains at 1 blink only. Does anyone had similar experience in the 2013 GS?

I wonder could that be related to the fact that's is a jap import.

Funnily enough car definitely recognize different settings I put with the blinker reaction once I complete procedure. It just doesn't have any effect.

I also tried to single move of indicator to the left or right side once everything has been completed, as I thought it may have impact of having them other way around at the steering wheel in import - no success again.

I've spent like 1 hour playing around that whole procedure and nothing helped - despite of settings chosen.

Just to confirm I turned off the car and started again after each attempt as well and also tried to drive around as I thought at some point that it may not be triggered when car is parked 🙂

All the best,
Bart

Hi Bart,

I'm afraid I can't comment on the method you have described, but I did mine via TechStream, which was very easy.

So, depending on if you want to modify other functions as well, it might be a good idea to get a copy from eBay?

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Hi Bart,

I'm afraid I can't comment on the method you have described, but I did mine via TechStream, which was very easy.

So, depending on if you want to modify other functions as well, it might be a good idea to get a copy from Ebay?

Hello Shahpor, 

I actually used method cruising around on Forum here and other forums (I think most recently seen @KayCee attaching it) - added to this post. 

Indeed I'm interested in other functions, so that would be my desired option to use. 

For now I checked Carista app on android as it seem to have access to the extra ootions from Techstream via mobile app (havent seen any other having it), but my OBD dongle is some cheap china knockoff with basic functions, so I ordered a proper one to try 🙂

Very good point though, as that would be the ultimate way to go otherwise. 

Plus I may know bit more about the P0172 that keeps appearing from time to time as pending on my ECU and clears itself without throwing CEL (only on very long drives with motorway speeds). 

All the best,

Bart

blinker.pdf

I have used this method several times on mine and my daughters, and found it quicker than setting up techstream thats was why i used that method and never failed once

I did set it to 5 but i thought it was just a bit too long so reverted back to 3 but my daughter  loves it at 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links