Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stupid Question about Lexus part diagrams

Ohoopee

So this is probably a stupid question so I apologize in advance.  When looking at a Lexus Part diagram such as the one attached, it only seems to give you one set of part numbers..yet when you order a part, it has two sets of numbers separated by a hyphen.  So for instance, on the attached chart, it gives the brake pads as Part Number: 04465...yet if you were to go to a dealer and purchase these same pads, they would come with the part number 04465-53040...where is the 53040 coming from and does it appear on these diagrams anywhere?

474705I.thumb.png.b07c2fcfddd4e1e7515863734d7a113c.png

It may be due to Toyota copyright issues, I have access to the diagrams and full part numbers but this is restricted access with various conditions of use attached.

If you go to www.toyodiy.com you can see the full part numbers but no corresponding diagrams just part descriptions..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

It may be due to Toyota copyright issues, I have access to the diagrams and full part numbers but this is restricted access with various conditions of use attached.

If you go to www.toyodiy.com you can see the full part numbers but no corresponding diagrams just part descriptions..

Ah, well it gets more confusing.  I was only using the brake pads as an example because I have a set of Genuine Toyota brake pads for my car that I never used...so I had the part number.  I am getting my diagrams from: https://lexus-europe.epc-data.com/  It is confusing because that website lists three possible pads for my car...but the ones I have are listed as (subs) what ever that means...the brake pads aren't important now but I shop eBay alot and see used parts all the time and was looking for a way to make sure they were the right part.  I was just using these pads I have for a guide since I knew their full part number.  I'll have a look at the website you linked.