Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi!!

KMott

Hi! I’m in the process of buying a 2012 model GS450H and I’m so excited, this will be my first Lexus!! 

my first question seems to be a popular topic on here but I can’t find a specific answer. Has anyone had success adding apple CarPlay to the entertainment/nav system? 

thank you

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KMott said:

Why wouldn’t I?  It’s a great car. Little bit of luxury and a little bit of speed. 

do tell me Royoftherovers, why do you ask? 

I know why I bought a Lexus Katherine. I merely ask why did you?

Dissatisfied with other vehicles in terms of Dealerships or Bottomless Pits?

Don`t enjoy manuals?

Want to reduce B.I.K.?

A little bit of speed is an understatement for a GS 450H

I wonder if you are really ready for a 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and 155mph limited top speed in an invisible shell that exudes an ultra low profile.

Please answer my question.

• Like 1

Hi Katherine and welcome to the club.

I'm not sure if you'll find something for a 2012 model but as I see it, and if they do the year, you've got two choices:

I've got one of the Carlinkit units and I have to admit it's not brilliant but I genuinely feel that it could be. It's close to being good but just not there yet but who knows, the next one or two firmware upgrades may sort it out.

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Hi Katherine and welcome to the club.

I'm not sure if you'll find something for a 2012 model but as I see it, and if they do the year, you've got two choices:

I've got one of the Carlinkit units and I have to admit it's not brilliant but I genuinely feel that it could be. It's close to being good but just not there yet but who knows, the next one or two firmware upgrades may sort it out.

Thank you. I’ll have a look into both of those! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I know why I bought a Lexus Katherine. I merely ask why did you?

Dissatisfied with other vehicles in terms of Dealerships or Bottomless Pits?

Don`t enjoy manuals?

Want to reduce B.I.K.?

A little bit of speed is an understatement for a GS 450H

I wonder if you are really ready for a 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and 155mph limited top speed in an invisible shell that exudes an ultra low profile.

Please answer my question.

I am more than ready for the 0-60 time, I’ve had faster cars. I’ve had smaller cars, larger cars, sportier cars and more industrial cars. I’m looking forward to all that the GS450H has to offer. I’ve been offered a great deal and can’t wait to be a Lexus owner. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KMott said:

Hi! I’m in the process of buying a 2012 model GS450H and I’m so excited, this will be my first Lexus!! 

my first question seems to be a popular topic on here but I can’t find a specific answer. Has anyone had success adding Apple CarPlay to the entertainment/nav system? 

thank you

Hi Katherine and welcome to the forums. 

Feel free to drop some photos of your new ride. Herbie has already suggested a quality answer to your question 🙂

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Welcome Katherine,

Do tell us more about the GS you have purchased.

Always nice to see another one on here 🙂

Will do!! 👍🏼

Hi Katherine, welcome to LOC. Lexus GS450h 2012, is that MK4 already or latest MK3 model?

Did you see this video: 

This is for MK4 GS, I haven't tried it yet, not sure that I will but might be a good use for you.

Regards

Vladimir

Wow if that doesn't put anyone off installing that, in my opinion trash, in their GS then nothing will lol.

But anyway welcome Katherine to the best Lexus forum there is. Great choice of car you're getting. So you've had big cars and small cars and fast ones too eh? Much the same as me. What were those cars then and which do you miss if at all? The one I miss most is the UR Quattro I had in the late 80's early 90's. 

Don't forget to post pics of your new steed when you get it.

Oh, why do you want apple carplay? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Wow if that doesn't put anyone off installing that, in my opinion trash, in their GS then nothing will lol.

But anyway welcome Katherine to the best Lexus forum there is. Great choice of car you're getting. So you've had big cars and small cars and fast ones too eh? Much the same as me. What were those cars then and which do you miss if at all? The one I miss most is the UR Quattro I had in the late 80's early 90's. 

Don't forget to post pics of your new steed when you get it.

Oh, why do you want apple carplay? 

I will post pics!!! Can’t wait! 

I’ve had apple car play in my last couple of cars and I like the options it gives for music and maps! 

I don’t miss any of the cars…. I like the variety!  From what everyone says, I may well miss the Lexus if I ever part with it! 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:48 AM, Vlady said:

Hi Katherine, welcome to LOC. Lexus GS450h 2012, is that MK4 already or latest MK3 model?

Did you see this video: 

This is for MK4 GS, I haven't tried it yet, not sure that I will but might be a good use for you.

Regards

Vladimir

Thank you. Not sure I’ll be brave enough to do it myself! 😃

Hi Katherine. Ok regarding apple play. You're after a 12 plate GS450H but which Spec? The satnav on those is more than adequate as the maps are relatively up-to-date. As for streaming music why not use a Bluetooth to do that? Is the GS your after a Premier if so it'll have the Mark Levinson system which is Awsome. So try the car out as it is when you get it. Give it a good few weeks and if you still hanker for apple car play then find a car hifi shop to fit either the above item or an alternative one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Katherine. Ok regarding apple play. You're after a 12 plate GS450H but which Spec? The satnav on those is more than adequate as the maps are relatively up-to-date. As for streaming music why not use a Bluetooth to do that? Is the GS your after a Premier if so it'll have the Mark Levinson system which is Awsome. So try the car out as it is when you get it. Give it a good few weeks and if you still hanker for apple car play then find a car hifi shop to fit either the above item or an alternative one.

It does have the Mark Levinson sound system which is great! 
I’m just looking at my options! 

• 3 weeks later...