Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starter motor on 1995 ls400 fitting

3 hours ago, pandorra said:

I live in East Kent.

where in East Kent ?

My indy is in Margate area BUT I'm not sure he's wanting to take on the mammoth job of changing the Ls400 Starter Motor right now

you can pm me if you wish

Malc

• 1 month later...

Sorry haven't got back to you,

Just found out how to reply.

Sometimes no problem, seems when it's wet or been raining it just makes a click turn the key a couple of times and it starts after that it always starts. Starter motor run quickly. I live near sandwich,so Ramsgate is very near.

Hope you can help Alan.

• Like 1

A failing starter motor is not normally associated with humidity as the cause is generally worn out copper contacts and the solenoid plunger so electrical.

It may be worth checking your Battery leads and connections for tightness and also both earth leads to the inner wing (just behind the Battery position) and main engine earth.....you may be lucky!

If not it’s an expensive labour intensive job, I did my own which took a good 8 hours and was back breaking.

It is also advisable to replace all the gaskets removed.

• Like 1

Solenoid contacts is a common problem, rather than the starter motor itself and I had the same issue a couple of years ago. I bought some  off eBay and my mechanic )Yorkshire) managed to change them without removing the starter motor. It's a 1999 car

Alan hi, you now know it's a hugely long complex and probably professional job to replace ..........  my indy mechanic is a little " off the boil " taking on any other customers right now BUT if you wanted me to pursue your request with him then do message me privately if you wish with your number etc and I will ask him for you

Best wishes

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links