Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Location of paint code.

Evening folks, 

I’m sure this has been asked many times and the usual answer will be that the code can be found where the drivers door shuts; well in my case there isn’t the usual plate with those details on it, only a plate describing the tyre pressures. I’ve looked all over it and can’t find the paint code. I’ve looked under the bonnet and still can’t see the code anywhere.

The dealership where I purchased it, has it described as being Satin Silver. Well I’ve checked the paint websites for Satin Silver for a Lexus of my model and there isn’t one. It’s also described as being solid paint by the dealership.

This evening I went into a Vindecoder website put my vin number in and it brought up a number of various details about my car including its paint frame number which shows its 1J4. That code corresponds with platinum silver -metallic.

The reason I’m attempting to find the code is to be able to purchase the correct touch up paint for a couple of small stone chip marks.

Putting the car’s registration number into a paint suppliers website shows it to be plain silver.

So if anybody can tell me where precisely to look for the car’s paint code I’d much appreciate it. Only when I find it will I be absolutely sure I’m buying the correct touch up paint.

Finally, I can’t see any evidence that the plate which should normally be located on the driver’s door shut has ever been removed. It’s baffling me.

Cheers all.

1 minute ago, McRattlehead said:

I have a CT the paint code is on the passenger door frame,not sure if this is the case on your car.

Thanks for replying. I’ve checked there and on all of the door shuts and I can’t see it.

Lexus Paint Code Locations _ Touch Up Paint _ AutomotiveTouchup.mhtml    

I'm not too great with links so hope this works. The code is not obvious but at the bottom of the label it says C/TR the first three digits are the colour code C,the next digits are the trim code TR.

12 hours ago, McRattlehead said:

Lexus Paint Code Locations _ Touch Up Paint _ AutomotiveTouchup.mhtml 575.46 kB · 20 downloads     

I'm not too great with links so hope this works. The code is not obvious but at the bottom of the label it says C/TR the first three digits are the colour code C,the next digits are the trim code TR.

Hi Mc, thanks for replying. I’ve had another good look at the car and I’ve found it at the base of the passenger’s side door. Just can’t believe how easy it was to find. The code readings tell me that it is a metallic silver colour, which is totally at odds with the car’s paint description on the car’s original Lexus advert, where it was described as satin silver and solid paint (as originally mentioned in my original post). It being metallic paint probably increased its value too, slightly. Thanks again.