Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introduction from new Lexus CT 200H Owner in Cornwall

Leo00

Hi everyone. New to me, a used 2011 Lexus CT 200H . 54k miles, fuil service history and health check on Battery warranty. Hybrid is new to me and slightly apprehensive about buying a used hybrid out of warranty but beggars cant be choosers and had to stick within my budget. Trying to get my head around all the buttons and controls at the moment. I am sure I will need to follow up with questions later, in the meantime I will browse this interesting forum. Many thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Leo and welcome to the club.

Try not to worry too much and just enjoy the car. The hybrid system is amazingly reliable and as for the high voltage hybrid Battery itself, you can have the Hybrid Health Check done each year and as long as it passes, you'll get a further 12-months warranty on it until it's 15 years old.

Feel free to post photos of your new steed as we all like to see photos :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Hello Leo 00 and welcome to LOC.

I had a MY17 CT200H Premium for 3 years. I found it one of the easiest cars to drive, reliable with consistently good mpg of 50 to 60. Ride was a little hard compared to other cars but I found it ok. The car is low so watch speed bumps and opening doors over the pavement as you are bound to scrap the u/s of the doors. Also, be carefull when parked up and listening to radio say as the auxiliary Battery will drain. In these situations leave the car in READY mode. This allows the engine to cut in to charge the Battery. Check the Lexus website as they have produced a guide on how to keep the auxiliary Battery charged when the car is not used for a while. Feel free to ask for help if you get stuck with understanding what the car can do. I sold my CT because I and my other half found it too low for 70 plus bones. Went for the UX.

• Like 1

Hi @Leo00 and welcome to the club. 

Looks like you have got yourself a good car there with the low mileage and FSH. The CT appears to be an extremely reliable car so you shouldn't be concerned about this.  Enjoy your car. 🙂

Hi everyone and thank you for the welcome.

One question has already been answered, I was parked listening to the radio and trying to figure out the maps etc. Had put the car in N and just read thats not what to do as it will not charge the Battery. Will take you advice and leave it on 'ready'.

I notice the Battery charge falls and rises a lot between full and two bars when driving and sitting in traffic, engine management kicks in to charge. Is it normal to see the charge (bars) fluctuate between full and two bars all the time? 

If stopped in traffic for a long period should I do anything different or just keep my foot on the brake and let the engine system management do its thing?

Loving this car.

Thanks

Leo if you can follow the advice given in your Handbook (if you have one) you will be fine.

Never leave in N

Always leave in D

Always leave in D with foot on Brake when in traffic

Always listen to the Radio/CD/Cassette with the vehicle in P and in Ready mode. Engine will kick in and out to keep Battery charged. It is normal to see such rises and falls.

TRUST THE TECHNOLOGY AND REFER TO HANDBOOK FREQUENTLY.

ABOVE ALL, DO ENJOY YOUR CAR.

• Like 1