Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New toy. Keeping it in the family.

rich1068

5 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Looks really clean and straight for a 22 year old car 👍

It's been pampered all its life. Not a spot of the usual rear end rust and only 54k miles. Reams of sometimes quite unnecessary history.

Having to get used to using my left leg again!

5 hours ago, Malc said:

love the poppy-up headlights especially

Malc

30 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

Love those headlights! 

Pop ups are so cool. Everyone gets let out of junctions when I'm driving this :cool:

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

They are drop-dead gorgeous! Love it!

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

This is the MR2, we have not had.

Looks nice. Flowing lines. Almost Italian design. The first MR2 was very sharp edged from all sides.

Thank you. The baby Ferrari comparison was made fairly often at the time I believe.

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

Time for body kit and k swap

No! :ohmy:

• Like 2

One of the best cars I ever owned.

I had the earlier version in red, with the one piece sunroof.  It was my company car at the time and it did 90k miles in three years with nothing more than regular servicing.  And a couple of sets of new Michelins.

A total pleasure to own and drive, leaving it behind was the one thing I regretted about leaving that Company!

Funnily enough, my then neighbour - and still a friend - was so taken with it that shortly after I got mine, he got one too!

• Like 1

I remember an old squeeze of mine having a white Mk2 MR2. She also had a Mk1 MR2, a car which I had lusted over whilst at Uni. After graduating I had a choice. Stay at home and have an MR2 or get a place of my own and stay on my mountain bike. After only a week back at home, the bike option won. Anyway, I digress slightly. My old squeeze asked me to move the Mk1 for her one day. I was ecstatic. Well, until I got in and realised that my size 10 feet in their Doc Martens shoes made driving the thing impossible. It was a very sad day. We split up shortly afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

Well, until I got in and realised that my size 10 feet in their Doc Martens shoes made driving the thing impossible. It was a very sad day. We split up shortly afterwards.

Well you know what they say about big feet...

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh ticket (with no advisories) for another 12 months so went for an unnecessary drive early this morning. Haven't done that for ages! Told myself I was popping to the shops, left at 8am and went via Hathersage, Bamford, Ladybower, Snake Pass, Glossop, Woodhead Pass, M1 South and then back into Sheffield. Pulled up at Waitrose just as they were opening at 10am. You've got to put the effort in for quality soffritti :tongue:

IMG_20211017_092432643_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.2545fd7b98e700cb4c58468cb7c02d8e.jpg

Photo taken as I was just heading back over the Woodhead.

• Like 2