Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin CrossClimate Tyres

The reason I asked was it has been brought to my attention that from 1st November 2021 about half of France will require vehicles to be fitted with winter tyres (M+S or 3 Peak rating) or carry chains or snow socks in the winter months.

JBP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JBPRX400h said:

from 1st November 2021 about half of France will require vehicles to be fitted with winter tyres (M+S or 3 Peak rating) or carry chains or snow socks in the winter months.

Many thanks for mentioning this. I'd never heard of M+S or the 3 Peak Snowflake symbol. (See below).

https://www.tirerack.com/images/techCenter/winter/multipleArticles_mountainSnowflake.png

For anyone else who hasn't heard of this, M+S means Mud and Snow. And the 3 Peak Snowflake symbol means the tyre meets the requirements for driving in snow (but not for driving on ice, which Nordic countries need.)

Cross Climate tyres have both the symbol and the letters M+S on the sidewall, which is useful to know if I need to drive in France in the winter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

For anyone else who hasn't heard of this, M+S means Mud and Snow.

I'm disappointed now. I was going to pick up a couple of tyres when I go for my fish for tonight's tea at Marks and Spencers :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Even though Michelin CrossClimate are not at all needed here I think of putting these on as they are the ones with the lowest noise level I can find. Summer tyres would be more appropriate here, but they all seem to be noisy and excessive fuel consuming.

Anybody know of 215/45-17 tyres for comfortable driving style? Low noise, reasonable fuel consume and good braking efficiency in dry weather. Tain is something we have 5 minutes and hardly enough to get dust out of the air. Been in London twice and if driving in the wrong side of the road was not bad enough, the mist and rain disqualified the place for me to live in.

The islands here are great for retired old people as well as for us. South of the island the beach is called Playa del Ingles, because of the many UK people coming and mainly living there.

Presume a small number of the 4th Generation with 20inch rims are sold in Nordic and other European Countries that have snow each year.  Might be worth asking Lexus if they can advise what is done in such countries to meet the conditions.

or what about these https://www.giga-tyres.co.uk/product/GI-R-378826GA?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjaeO3qKQ8wIVcIBQBh1g7gmmEAQYBSABEgLsBfD_BwE&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIjaeO3qKQ8wIVcIBQBh1g7gmmEAQYBSABEgLsBfD_BwE:G:s&Country=AUK&ID=sea_rda_uk_Froogle_Shopping

You might find elsewhere cheaper. Nokian tyres are often heavily discounted.

I run a model of Nokian tyres on my BMW saloon all year round as an all season tyre and find them good and not noisy.  The ones I linked to are more SUV related. 

AquaI fitted Yokohama Geolander G058 on my 2017 RX450h, they are very quiet and much better than the factory Bridgestones at roughly the same cost. They are M&S rated, They were launched last year and although most places list them as summer tyres they are all season. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone put Cross Climates on a gen 3 RX.
I have a 2014 with 235/55R19. Cross Climate 2 are available and is the specced tyre on the Michelin website but it is a Volvo OM tyre.
Has anyone tried it?? Or fitted a different OEM but correct size to they car??
Thanks

• Like 1

I discussed this with Lexus dealership when my car was being serviced awhile back. They mentioned that Cross Climates were being adopted and favourably reported on by many and having replaced the original Dunlops.  I found them better in most respects.  In particular I liked that they were quiet and gave a comfortable ride with lighter steering and were not lacking in other areas.  So essentially, this is with the same car as yours Si.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:48 PM, JBPRX400h said:

Has anybody any idea when Michelin CrossClimate tyres to fit RX450h F sport (235/55/R20) will be available in this country? They appear to be available in America but not here.

JBP

I was looking at these michelin tyres today funnily enough for my RX450h and noticed they're not available in the UK for the 235/55/R20 size so im following the conversation

2 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I discussed this with Lexus dealership when my car was being serviced awhile back. They mentioned that Cross Climates were being adopted and favourably reported on by many and having replaced the original Dunlops.  I found them better in most respects.  In particular I liked that they were quiet and gave a comfortable ride with lighter steering and were not lacking in other areas.  So essentially, this is with the same car as yours Si.

I would one of those mentioned, albeit on an ES with 18s and before that on a civic with 17s. One caveat, they must be rotated (front-back) or you'll get stepping (noisy) on the backs.

13 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Thanks @Barry14UK  : ) Think i'm going to go with the Cross climate SUV tyre rather than the CC2 which is volvo OE for UK at the moment. Costco are a bit nervous with me wanting to fit the 'volvo' tyre to my car anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links