Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

throttle controller any one tried one

Considered it 'scotch mist' until I eventually bought one. I have a Sprint-Booster3 on the SC430. I leave it on the highest setting and it has eliminated the lag. It is noticeable on take off and for kick-down when overtaking.

I've no experience of the hybrid RC but a periodic reset on the SC can help with the well documented lag however the delay on the pedal response soon returns, especially as I mostly drive it without much urgency.

Well worth the money but most people have to take that leap of faith to enjoy the benefit. 

• 4 weeks later...

You wouldn’t have thought that an electronic throttle control would suffer from a delay in pedal input with the signals travelling at such a high speed.

I can understand it with a mechanical set up with slack in the cable and play in joints but when you see quotes like “ the engine performance is monitored a million times a second” how!

Just wonder if the delay is safety related so the car performance doesn’t exceed brain performance, I always remember my brother’s Corvette Stingray, overtaking in a LHD car took some planning, far enough back to see around the car in front then a synchronised  steer and plant the right foot to avoid driving into the back of the car you were overtaking before going around it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steve2006 said:

You wouldn’t have thought that an electronic throttle control would suffer from a delay in pedal input with the signals travelling at such a high speed.

I can understand it with a mechanical set up with slack in the cable and play in joints but when you see quotes like “ the engine performance is monitored a million times a second” how!

Just wonder if the delay is safety related so the car performance doesn’t exceed brain performance, I always remember my brother’s Corvette Stingray, overtaking in a LHD car took some planning, far enough back to see around the car in front then a synchronised  steer and plant the right foot to avoid driving into the back of the car you were overtaking before going around it.

Yes I wondered if it was safety related too but there's just no sense in such a delay. If anything, I think my GS460 has worse lag than the SC430 had.  

18 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

If you know there's a lag, press the throttle sooner? Plan ahead?

At one time it was simply a case of taking the slack out of the throttle cable and turbos that had a lag 😀

• Like 1

I find most of the lag is related to transmission programming. If you switch to Sport mode and go into manual shift mode, get on the flappy paddles and the lag is gone and the throttle is very predictable. 

You can also reduce lag by quickly pushing down slightly on the throttle quickly a few times to temporarily program the automatic transmission programming. 

I agree completely the lag is bull**** and not necessary, I think it was done for fuel economy. I heard they fixed this in the latest 2020 300h model. Shame they no longer sell it here, but the least they could do is give us a free throttle mapping or ECU update...