Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time for a new exhaust setup - Thoughts?

Mitcheyfex

Morning Ladies & Gentleman,

I am a fairly new poster here, so go easy!

I have a lexus Is250 in matador red, and I need a new exhaust system, due to the old one blowing, this includes the rear tail pipes, the mid pipe and the catalytic converter.

I am looking for a setup which gives me a nice tone, but something which isn't so loud it disturbs the neighbours, what are your thoughts?

Id also like to hopefully add some power in the process, i have been told an invidea mid pipe with resonator will give me the result i am looking for but i just wanted a second opinion, i was also toying with the idea of just heading over to https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/car-parts/Lexus/IS250/2.5L/Petrol/Premium/Exhausts/Catalytic-Converters/LEX5005H/1/34?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvdDks9aO8wIVjLt3Ch3xMwq7EAQYAiABEgIZWfD_BwE have anyone used these guys, and what are your thoughts? They seem reasonably priced for sure.

And getting this with rear pipes of my choosing, but i am not sure on the best route to take, any help is greatly appreciated, and again, im looking for a tasteful mod, nothing too boy racer-ish, but nonetheless a nice tone, and i NO DRONE (I cant stress that enough)

Thanks for your time,

- Mitch

Maybe a bit too far from you, but try Infinity Exhausts Bristol. Previous owner of an ISF I used to own had one made by them. Can make and fit same day. Their gallery shows the blue one I had.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, PRT68 said:

Maybe a bit too far from you, but try Infinity Exhausts Bristol. Previous owner of an ISF I used to own had one made by them. Can make and fit same day. Their gallery shows the blue one I had.

Hi, thanks for your response,

Its a fair distance but if its worth it ill take that as a lead! When they did yours, how did it sound? Did you get any noticeable gains in performance, and what were they like on price? Ill go and check them out!

It was done about 3 years ago by a previous owner, so don't know the cost. Just the large back boxes replaced with small straight through ones. Sounded beautiful, but there was a drone at about 65 mph that you could 'drive through'. I couldn't tell if performance was increased, but being an ISF, it was quick enough anyway.