Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, john.riminton said:

any comments on the gs250 verses the is250 mk3, looking for a general use car and am undecided, both hard to find at the moment, your views welcome, thanks jr.

If I had to choose between them, I'd go for the GS250. The IS250 is an excellent car, although smaller. 

The GS is a larger car and much newer. But, it is more expensive than the IS250. 

Any other key requirements? 

hi, many thanks, i think the gs250 is better equipped and more comfy, its only an inch wider and seven inches longer then the is but i think the is could feel cramped, however i dont want to drive a tank, ill have to compare the two carefully, john r.

7 minutes ago, john.riminton said:

hi, many thanks, i think the gs250 is better equipped and more comfy, its only an inch wider and seven inches longer then the is but i think the is could feel cramped, however i dont want to drive a tank, ill have to compare the two carefully, john r.

Definitely better equipped, that's no slight on the IS250. The seats are much larger in the GS vs the IS.

Best thing to do it try both.

I wouldn't even say the GS is a tank and as far as I'm aware always has excellent parking aids (rear camera & parking sensors all around)

My last car was an IS250 and I was going to get a Mk4 GS, but the prices were beyond what I was willing to pay for one currently. 

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

2 hours ago, john.riminton said:

pete, very nice and warm, what exterior colour. am i right in saying the f sport models ride is much firmer and stiffer, old man you see, cheers jr.

Silver as its easier to keep clean without washing it 😝 the F Sport has a extra mode (as does the premier on the hybrid models) Sports + which firms up the suspension not found on the luxury model, the wheels are 19" too so less rubber harder ride, also F sport has some extra seat adjustment but lacks front fog lights.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, john.riminton said:

pete, very nice and warm, what exterior colour. am i right in saying the f sport models ride is much firmer and stiffer, old man you see, cheers jr.

John, the seat adjustment alone on the F-Sport (Premier too) would make the car worth it for me. I drove an F Sport and found it pretty compliant, even on the 19 inch wheels.

Best you try them both out, but the seats are lovely in the F Sport/Premier model with all the extra adjustments.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, Initial P said:

the wheels are 19" too so less rubber harder ride

From my personal experience the S4 450h F sport has a much more comfortable ride than than my previous S3 450h SE-L did, despite the increase in tyre size (S3 245/40 18 all round against S4 235/40 19 front and 265/35 19 rear).

On 9/25/2021 at 9:44 PM, JDM-Fiend said:

John, the seat adjustment alone on the F-Sport (Premier too) would make the car worth it for me. I drove an F Sport and found it pretty compliant, even on the 19 inch wheels.

Best you try them both out, but the seats are lovely in the F Sport/Premier model with all the extra adjustments.

I had a perfect driving position in my S3 car but I cannot find one in my S4. I am constantly fiddling with the seat adjustments as I drive to try and alleviate the discomfort, but to date I have been unsuccessful. I have read reviews that 'complain' that the seats have too much adjustment. I must say I agree but others may find the perfect position straight away.